Chapter Twenty

"...Baby..?"

I stood there with my feet rooted to the floor beneath me. I'm just like a deer caught in headlights. That moment scared me. I met with her hard gaze and damn, her eyes shoot like bullets punching holes into my flesh. And she turns her arctic glare to the woman in front of me, Alex. Without blinking, their eyes sharp like daggers ready for a kill. They both displayed their territorial instincts like those of savage felines from the wild. I thought it was only possible in movies and melodramas I've seen. But hey, it's damn real. I tried to speak out but I couldn't find my voice. I heard myself hoarsely murmuring words I can't even understand. My throat went dry like I've swallowed a handful of sand. I was short of breath. And I felt like a lump suddenly chokes my airways paralyzing my brain to function properly. I was spinning out into the abyss. I was scared. I guess, even Ellen DeGeneres won't be much of a help at this moment of perdition.

"How could you?!" she bellowed. Her sharp voice pulled me out, shoot me back to life like thousands of megavolts electrified my every nerve. Her eyes fumed with anger. Even more, I was floored to see Zee and Alice behind her, both agapes. But I was more astounded to see Alice-what is she doing here? Solely, her presence makes it more interesting.

Oh, God spare me...from her wrath. Goodbye world, this is my abomination. My end.

She may be sweet and innocent to look at, but damn, she's feisty and deadly.

"Baby, I..." I swallowed hard, taking full effort to pry Alex's hands off me and run after Aom before she could make a scandalous exit. But before I could, she evades my attempt to calm her down taking two steps backward from where she stands.

"Don't you dare 'Baby me' and don't you come near me!" she snarled at me. And with that, she turned stiffly, and out of my office.

"Pie, it's not what you think it is." I protests running after her into the receiving area.

"I've seen enough, Kimhan!"

"No! It's not what you think it is..."

"You are one fuck of a liar! Then what do you even call that?!" her voice went to few more octaves higher. She's literally angry. Because I was towering her in a few inches, she looks up at me seethe in anger.

"It's true. I don't even know why she's here." I can see it, she's really mad.

I couldn't blame her for her outburst. I could feel the vile in her words. I'm innocent here, she deserve to hear what I have to say. But wait. Is it real? I could see rivers of tears about to fall from her eyes. I deeply regret having that drinking spree last night and not locking that damn office door.

"And you want me to just easily believe that??"

"Yes, because it's the truth."

"Hey! What's going on here, Kimhan?" Fern came running to the rescue like everyone else. "Oh... my... gawd! Alex?! Aom!? You're here?" her eyes widen in surprise.

Her reaction was priceless.

"Okay! Let's all calm down, please." Zee stepped in to pacify the raging storm ahead. What can I do? She always saves the day. Fern did the same while Alice held on to her crying sister. This is so embarrassing. Damn it.

"Kimhan!" Again, Alex tried pulling my wrist back but I forcefully dodge it away. I don't have time to rescue Alex from this. It's all her fault. It's not really in my nature to blame others for my shortcomings but this is different. It's like intentionally done. I don't want any more dramas between me and Aom. We have suffered enough in the past. We both deserve to have our happy ever after. Don't we? Regardless of what gender preference we have. But it seems the forces of the universe slowly pull us apart-again. I'm not letting it happen again, not in a million years.