Chapter One

"Where is that bastard? He's late," she told herself as she wipes the rain from her face and looking at all directions for familiar figure.

It was a rainy cold afternoon and the rain pours mercilessly on the dry earth. At this time of the day, it's getting dark and the place is almost deserted. Only a few park lights help to light the dim area. Some were blinking on and off like in horror movies. And a gush of cold wind blows with the rain. A petite woman stood by the swing in the park, soaked and drenched halfway down to her toes. Her cold and trembling hands clutches her umbrella up like her life depends on it. In an effort to fight the bitter cold rain, she tries blowing her hot breath through her hands. She's mumbling something under her breath like mantra. Her eyes were blood shot red from crying all day. It's been quite some time she's been standing under the cold late afternoon rain.

Suddenly, out in the cold rain, a familiar face slowly walks towards her. She gazed intently, patiently waiting until it stood in front of her. His weary eyes were undeniably been crying the same as she is. He's soaking wet from head to toe. His coat is dripping from the rain. Obviously, he's been walking mindlessly under the pouring rain. He, too, has bloodshot eyes and a bit weary.

"This ain't going to work out between us. I'm so sorry..." she utters softly closing her eyes.

Her voice is raspy and hoarse as she controls her sobs.

"I don't really understand why you have to do this," the man said in a low hurtful tone. He gazed down into her swollen eyes looking for answers. But the girls hesitantly tore away from his gaze.

Abruptly, her hands clasped together on her chest. It hurts her most like her hearts wants to explode out of her chest any minute now. She turned her back from him and starts to walk away from the tall figure that seems taken aback from her words. He grabs her wrist and momentarily stopped from her tracks.

"Maybe, we're not really meant for each other...let fate decides for the both of us..."

"No! I won't let you do this," he begs. "I know, we can...I loved you and you know that. You just have to have faith in 'you and me'..."

"I'm sorry. I can't." Her voice is choked from her sobs. But there's tone of finality in her voice. Even his begging didn't dodge her from her decision. There's no other way escaping from her problems but to face it bravely. She had to do this for herself and not for anyone else.

"Please...don't go," He's begging her as pool of tears swell up once again from his eyes. His hands automatically grab the petite lady and hug her from behind crying his heart out. He rested his head touching hers begging not to let go.

"Please," he whispered.

"Someday, you'll understand why."

"I can never live my life the same way without you ...I love you. Please don't go..."

"And cut!" shouts P'Nay as she claps her hand animatedly. Then, she stands from her director's chair. "Good take. Really amazing, as always, Mike...Aom."

Pnay seems happy with outcome of the taping as she reviews on her monitor. P'Nay and her cameraman check the shoot before giving the crew another instruction for adjustments and editing.

"Good job, everyone! We'll take a break from here. Be back in an hour for the next scene."

Her assistant, Picha, came rushing to give her towel to dry herself off and other needs as soon as she heard the director. She made her a cup of coffee to warm her up. While Mike entertained a reporter for an ambush interview from one of the well-known entertainment television channels.