Full proof plan

The word was out

The word was out. The leader of the Phoenix was dead, and the cover-up was an accident. Yes, cover-up. No death in gang life is natural, or accidental. Only a few lucky bastards get to live long lives. Although my task becomes easier now, I still feel sad for the poor girl. I know how it must have felt, I've lost my family too, well I have my brother. But I know she is the only child and heir of her father's business. I have to see her, I want to see her. And I cannot wait, 'eyes on the prize, always'. And the prize is my father's last wish. I will fulfil it, no matter how many hearts break, lives are lost or scars we get.

I drive to the church Spade told me about, that man is very serious. You'll only ever hear him talking when he's speaking about important information. Although I gotta give it to Adam, the number of people sitting there was a sight to see. Respect to the dead man. I stood close enough to see the girls face, yet far enough to not be caught. I stood for a long time, waiting for her to stand up. As the time for her to speak came, I held my breath and turns out I stayed breathless for a long period, entranced and at a loss of words.

The girl in front of me was purely beautiful as if nothing impure could've touched her. And looking at her from this far I knew that she wouldn't disappoint me even in her proximity. For a moment I almost didn't regret deceiving her. The keyword 'almost'. But the truth still perceives the only thing I want is for her gang to merge with mine. Together to become stronger than anyone else and to defeat the one who caused bloodshed, death of innocent lives. One reason was also that we wanted to expand our business.

Somewhere in the middle of her eulogy, a faint string of tragic yet beautiful words put together in melancholy could be heard. She was an admirable speaker, no wonder she could make people fall at her feet. What surprised me even more, was that she was a writer, but manifestly such beautiful piece of eulogy and poetry can be written by no one ordinary. She was making me lose my mind slowly and painfully. Pained by her perfection, charm, beauty not only on the external basis for also on the inside. I was a really good judge of character and I knew this girl was anything but scheming.

I move my position once they move for the burial, I see everybody laying flowers, but she, unlike anybody, lays a lotus. Unique. One by one people leaves after saying prayers and leaving their condolences. But she stands there till the very last. Kept on talking to her father as if he would listen, maybe he will.

It was almost sundown when she got up. As soon as I ensured that she was safe in her car and driving, I left too. Running through the roads, one thing kept nagging me. My fascination with that girl. Weakness is unbearable and intolerable, my dad's voice runs through my mind. But she wasn't my weakness.

When I reach back home, I ask Noah, my second in command, to find all the information about her. He questioned me in turn, "Did you find something useful?"

"Nothing big, but I think she's a writer, I kind of know where I can accidentally meet her."

"The writer's fest?" he questions back reading my mind.

"Yes, it would be the perfect opportunity to make her believe that we just met by accident."

"But how do we make sure that she will come? You don't write."

"Yeah, but I appreciate it. Also, the convincing part can be done by Oliver."

"What makes you think that your younger brother is going to sit in a place full of philosophical minds?" He arches his brow.

"Well, firstly he needs to do it for the gang and secondly we might bribe him, George would help with that, I'm hoping," I speak praying my stars that George agrees to this.

"Whom are we bribing and how am I involved?", speak of the devil. "Well, Jo we were thinking that you'd teach Oliver a technique of yours, for him to do a task for us."

"What task can't you ask him for without bribing him?" Well, he didn't yet say no to it.

"We want him to go to the writing contest with Atarah, and you know how he feels about poetic people," I say hoping he would understand.

"Cole, I've told him a million times, and I'll say it again, I cant teach him stuff about pressure points. He might hurt somebody unintentionally. This is not a game, it can be very dangerous. You know it can't only temporarily paralyze but permanently too, hell it could make somebody die!"

He has made himself clear enough times and I know its dangerous, "Well, then teach him something so basic that it wouldn't ever hurt somebody. Something like that sleeping technique you did on us a couple of times, that's harmless, right? And make your warning clear enough, so that he doesn't misuse it." We never knew why, but Oliver was always a little scared of George. Nevertheless, it's a win-win for me. Somebody can always keep him in line, whenever he misbehaves.

"Okay, but for the first and the last time," he sighs reluctantly.

"Good, now we have to come up with a full proof plan, this cannot go the wrong way. She must have the right impression of me throughout the entire time."

"Well you don't lack in the charms department, just don't say something stupid and we're all set" Noah replies. I definitely do not lack in the charms department. 

I know this might be confusing, but i swear it will clear up in time

I know this might be confusing, but i swear it will clear up in time. Also, the significance of these people whose names are mentioned towards the end will also clear up.