18| Goodbye Kiss

Sean's POV

"I just don't get it. Why would she do this? I don't know what happened." Julian's muffled voice ran through his hands as they covered his face for comfort in his sorrow. "I don't know, maybe I just got what I deserve after all this time." He said in defeat, knees to his chest.

"No one deserves this, Jules. Aside from the bet you apologized and made up for, you did nothing but love and care for her. You did nothing wrong." Josh P stated, sipping his water.

We were all at Beauchamp's house having our sleepover. We decided to separate from the girls for a night so that everyone could cool off and take a breather. After dancing for a bit, all of us settled in the kitchen as I cooked dinner. Then I made the bad decision to ask about the party, being that Josh and I didn't attend. Thus, here we are.

"Yeah, she's a bitch for doing that to you." Josh B said in an irritated tone. We all glared at him for his name calling, causing him to let out a huff. "What I mean is, you don't deserve someone that was heartless enough to do that to you without a second thought."

"You don't. I know you're hurting but you'll see that it was worth it in the end." I reassured, sliding diced vegetables into the oiled pan. We sat in silence as we comforted him through our presence. "Maybe we should do something tomorrow. With all of us. Just a fun day with each other. No drama, no heartbreak, no restraints." Josh P suggested. We all jumped at the idea.

"That's a great idea! We can surprise the girls with breakfast that we guys prepared. It'd put a big smile on their faces." Josh B insisted. "Then we can go somewhere fun like a trampoline park or skating rink." Julian said with wide, excited eyes.

"Settled! Gentlemen, tomorrow will be the start of something new. To freedom, fun, and family!" I announced, holding my bottle up for a faux toast.

~~~
I flipped the last pancake skillfully in the pan, nothing but the sound of various sizzling pans surrounding me. My cooking was interrupted as a pair of arms wrapped around me and someone's head leaned on my shoulder.

"Julian, hands off." I groaned in amusement. Julian and I had a bromance that was well known within the dance community. It was no secret that Price, Julian, and I were inseparable, being attached at the hip since we were little kids. I thoroughly enjoyed his company and he always assisted me in being more productive with anything that would benefit me. However, I would wake up to this behavior every morning when he was present.

"I'm your best friend, I can do whatever I want." He said, not letting go. I rolled my eyes sarcastically and proceeded cooking.

"Fine, then no pancakes for you." I said sternly. Julian hummed, sending vibrations up my spine. "I'm more of a waffle person anyway." He shrugged.

"Jules!" I whined.

"You let Kaycee do it all of the time!" He exclaimed, only tightening his hold. "Kaycee doesn't have large muscular, veiny hands, she's shorter, and oh yeah, she's my girlfriend. Emphasis on the girl part." I said remarkably.

"So you're cheating on me now?!" He gasped. "If that counts as cheating, I've been cheating on you for over 5 months now." I countered. He opened his mouth to say something but Beauchamp cut him off.

"Stop cuddling and get to work. The skating rink starts getting crowded around 3." He said sternly. Julian pulled away swiftly, understanding the importance of this. It was 8 in the morning, but I understood the desire they had to get started. We all had the motive of brightening up the girls' day but Beauchamp specifically wanted this to go perfectly to at least start to win Nat over after yesterday's events.

Julian also had a motive but he wouldn't budge. All he said was that it "wasn't his place to tell," which I respected. I just hoped they wouldn't get so determined to where they dug their own grave.