16| Trapped

Sean’s POV

I wasn’t going to lie and say that I’m excited to be stuck in a room with one of my lifelong friends because lying is rude and against my character. Sure, Josh and I didn’t have any problems, but you can only spend so much time with a person until every little thing they do pisses you off or their voice drives you up the wall. 

“You know, you’re not the best person to be trapped with either.” He said breaking our silence. I looked over to see him looking right back at me while holding an old, dusty snow globe in his hand. We’ve spent the past 15 minutes finding the next clue to the puzzle we were trapped in. “Sorry, didn’t realize there was a mind reader in the room.” I sighed in response. 

“I’m not. Your face tells everything, genius.” He said. His tone was tiresome as he continued looking around for the clue. I ignored him and proceeded to feel around on the wall. “And what makes me so unbearable to stay with?” He asked, fully stopping his wandering eyes. 

“Just look for the clue, Beauchamp.” I trailed off. I didn’t want to talk too much. I wanted to avoid a fight as much as possible. I felt one part of the wall that was softer than the rest of it, almost as if they were a leak. Peeling it softly, under it I could see the top of black lettering behind it. “Found something.” I chirped, happy that we were one step closer to getting out of here. 

Josh came to my side and helped me gently peel off the wall. We read the clue silently and proceeded looking around. “Great, another dead end. Now, as you were saying..” He spoke.

I scoffed and proceeded seeking for the item that fit the description of the previous clue. “Josh, I’m not telling you anything.” I exclaimed with a slight chuckle. “I enjoy your company enough to be your friend and that’s all that matters.” I said dismissively. 

“Yeah, you seem to be doing that a lot lately.” Josh mumbled, but it was loud enough for me to hear. “Look Josh, I’m not here to argue. Let’s just find the clues and get out of here.” I said, trying to diffuse the situation.

He scoffs. “Who are you? Kaycee’s mini-me? You run away from your problems quicker than her!” He commented with crossed arms. His annoyed tone made me even more agitated than before. He has no reason to get upset. When he doesn’t know things, he blows up about it. And I still fail to understand why.

“Don’t talk about her like that just because you don’t know everything. That’s why I didn’t want to tell you shit in the first place. Not everything is your business, Beauchamp. You want to know why I don’t want to be stuck in here with you, I’ll tell you why. ‘Cause I much rather be in here with someone that won’t judge my relationship bit by bit.” I said with a slightly raised voice. 

“Don’t give me that bullshit! You’re the one who got so upset when Kaycee and I were close. Just because you were in the dark, you drove her up a fucking wall. So don’t tell me about getting upset. At least, I didn’t sleep with other girls to subside my emotions.” Josh spat back at me.

A sharp pang occurred in my chest when the words left his mouth. I can’t believe he stooped that low. I trusted him with my secrets and faults, only for him to use them against me. “Fuck you.” I said flatly. I whipped out my phone then called my girlfriend, who was currently in trouble with me. 

“Hey, Sean!” She chirped. I recognized it as Nat’s voice. I felt my heart plummet as it wasn’t Kaycee’s soft and angelic chime. “According to Kayc and I’s rules, neither of you can call us to spare time or to your liking unless it is an emergency.” Her voice was calm and stern.

“Well, what if we have to use the bathroom?” I asked incredulously. This whole thing was ridiculous. Josh and I didn’t have any problems, but thanks to this, now we do. All I wanted was to just be alone with my girlfriend with no distractions and now look, chaos.