Letter 6

December 1978

Chemo is going smoothly.  I'm almost cured. The doctors said they never saw something like that before. I guess uh.... silly me....Hazel is curing me. I'm having issues with remembering little things. I'm sorry Tom I forgot your last name and it's even dumber because I forgot mine. Silly me always doing dumb things. The doctors want me to go through therapy. Silly doctors think there is something wrong with my brain. Chemo is no battle for me. I saw your in the military died. I'm so sorry Tom. Hazel has sure kept me on my toes. She's crying a lot. They say she might have some brain injuries. I know she'll be okay because she's like her father strong. I'm strong but not like you. Hazel's hair is growing so long. Bows will surely come in handy in a couple of months. A box of your stuff was delivered to my door yesterday. Some people think your not coming back but I know you are. You wouldn't leave Hazel and I alone. I got a card you were trying to send a month ago. You told me you loved me. I can't wait for you to find out your a father. Surely she'll be all up on you. I know she will love her father. I know I love you Tom.
My mom died. I didn't know until yesterday. Apparently I attended the funeral. Must of been some other she didn't know because I know I wouldn't have showed up. I'm getting reckless Tom I got a tattoo a couple weeks back. I know it's crazy since I have chemo but I wanted to make sure I never forget Grace.

                                                                      Em <3