Letter 5

October 3
It's been a rough pregnancy but it's about the journey not the pain. I'm going through chemo in 1 month. I'm getting closer to dying but I'm so blessed to have our baby girl Tom. I picked her first name out Tom. I knew your mom was the biggest sweet heart and she is what brought us together. She has my eyes and your curly brown hair. She has the cutest freckle right on her eyelid. I don't know how but our baby has a beach body. She's so squirmy and sleepy. When I went through labor she kept moving and we had to result in a epidermal. It was a struggle but worth it. She's been home for a week. I'm definitely missing you right now. It's hard raising a baby on my own. Maybe she will have your laugh. God I hope she has your laugh. The way you throw your head back as you chuckle. Her eyelashes are so long.... it's like she's out of this world. She's under weight. It scares me a little that she may have something wrong with her. The doctors continuously reassure me that she'll be ok. Come home. Your baby girl misses you. All my letters are coming back. Do you not want to talk? I named her Hazel Grace. Your mom would have loved to see her.

Hazel Grace Doe
6 pounds 9 oz
September 26,1978

Emiley <3