2. Bad news

"In kindness there can be evil. In evil there can be kindness"

---

Maddie's hands was tied with rope as she was sitting on a chair in a huge room while three people was standing around her.

"I have already told you that, I don't know what you are talking about. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time" she said.

Then their leader walked closer to her "Why are you lying?" he asked but she just smiled at him "I'm telling you the truth" she said.

The man stepped back "If you don't tell us what we want to know, we are gonna..." but he got interrupted by Maddie's phone that started ringing.

The man walked over to the table and grabbed the phone "Hello" he said.

"Yeah, listen, I have an army right outside the building ready to storm in at any time and I have  snipers pointed right at you and your guy's head, just waiting to pull the tigger on my signal, so give the girl the phone or I am going to give the signal" a voice said over the phone.

There was a few seconds of silence before the man sighed and walked towards Maddie "It's for you" he said and put the phone on her shoulder before she rested the side of her head on the phone so she could talk.

"Yeah" she said "Maddie, it's me, can you talk?" Freddy asked over the phone "Fred. You know I'm working, right?" she said "I know, it's important, so finish up and meet me outside" he said and she sighed "Fine, start the timer, I will be right out" she said.

The man walked over to Maddie and as he was about to take the phone, she kicked him right in his balls causing him to fell down on the floor.

She then got to her feet as the two other guys charge towards her. She managed to get her hands free from the rope before she started fighting the two guys.

She swung her legs under a guy's feet causing his back to hit the floor hard making him let out a grunt.

Then a guy charge towards her and he was about to swing a knife against her, but she dodged the knife, before she grabbed his arm and dislocated it causing him to scream in pain, she then knock him unconscious and he felled on the floor.

Then a guy grabbed Maddie from behind, but she headbutted him causing him to let go and step back a bit, she then turned around and kicked him in the stomach before she kicked him in the head causing him to fell on the ground.

She then heard something behind her and she saw the third guy which was the leader standing behind her with a gun pointed at her "Who are you?" he asked.

Maddie just smiled "Your worst nightmare" she said and in one quick move she turned around and threw a knife towards the guy, hitting him right in the shoulder, he grunted in pain before he felled to the floor. Maddie then walked over to the guy, grabbed his gun and took all the bullets out before she knock him unconscious with it.

Then she grabbed her things and walked out of the building.

---

As Maddie walked out, she saw Freddy leaning against the car waiting.

Maddie whistled causing Freddy to look up and he whistled back before they both smiled.

"So. What's my time?" she asked and he pulled up his phone "5 minutes and 10 seconds" he answered "Really, not shorter?" she asked and he shook his head "No" he said and she sighed "Don't be like that" he said "It took me under three minutes to get free and finished up last time" she said "Yeah, but you also used your powers last time, which I don't get why you don't use your powers every time" he said "Because Fred, you never know if you lose your powers, you can't used them, or just don't have them. Then it's a good idea to be able to handel yourself without powers and beside you know what happen if I used my powers too much" she said "Yeah, I know" he said "And you don't used to your powers either every time your in a fight" she said "Well, mine is for other reasons" he said and she smiled.

"Well, then it's better than last time where you didn't used your powers, there it took you seven minutes to finished up" he said "10 minutes, it took me seven to get free, and three to knock out the men" she said as she walked over to the driver seat "Actually it took you 10 minutes and two seconds" he said with a smile causing her to smile "Shut up and get in the car" she said "Alright" he said and they both got in the car.

"So what is it you wanted to tell me that was so important?" Maddie asked, looking at him. She noticed how his face fell "I have some bad news" he said "What?" she asked "Reginald Hargreeves, your dad, is dead, it just came in the news" he said and Maddie's face fell for a second.

"Are you okay?" he asked and she took a deep breath "I'm fine" she said "I'm so sorr--" "Don't be, I never really loved or cared about the old man, but he was my father, therefore we better go back to the Academy, so we can be at the funeral" she said and started the car.

"The world is gonna judge you no matter what, so live your life the way you want to"

A/N: Hope you like this chapter. Vote or comment if you did.