| 08 | FIRST LOVE

Start from the beginning

After getting in, Gumball and I stand in the center of the footpath where I open our map...

"Whoa, a lot of things here. Uh, let's see... What do you wanna go on first?"

I lower the map from my eyes to see Gumball already running away.

"Wh— Kid! Come back here!" I chase after him.

He continues to skip his little legs, all the way to the queue of a baby ride. I catch up with short breath before reading the sign that says "Bubble Tunnel!"

"Kid, seriously, don't run off like that. You could get lost." I huff, joining the obnoxious queue. A solid 15 minutes go by before I toss my arms over the barricade in boredom.

Now I remember why I don't come to amusement parks. The damn queues.

A worker walks past until I catch his arm, "Hey, I'm rich. Can I just cut in line?"

"I'm afraid it doesn't work like that sir."

"Ugh." I huff. After another 10 minutes, we finally make it indoors to the front of the line.

"All aboarddd the bubble tunnel! Hello sir, would you and your son like a raincoat? It'll keep you from getting wet!"

"Uh... Sure. How much is it?"

"$20 each."

"$20?? For this ugly coat??" I point, still opening my wallet. "Why do amusement parks make everything so damn expensive..."

"Have a splashy ride!"

After zipping our yellow coats, Gumball and I step into the round carriage and sit opposite each other with the safety bar locked on our laps. Happy circus music plays through the speakers when our carriage slowly drifts off with the water stream, swaying and rocking slightly from the tide beneath us.

The further we sail, the more the tunnel gains a misty blue hue as the windows at our sides now reveal that we're actually underwater. Bubbles shoot up the glass like volcanos while fishes swim around the sculpture of Titan that's built out of Lego, giving the ride an Atlantis feel. Gumball watches the sea life in astonishment with water ripples reflecting on his face...

To seal the adventure, sprinklers shoot over us to cast a roof that's illuminated by blue and purple lights. Gumball reaches up to touch the water, giggling silently at the ticklish splashes against his fingertips while bubbles rain over us. His eyes cross when a bubble lands and pops on his nose. For some reason, I can't take my eyes off of him... The sight making me flicker a grin myself.

 The sight making me flicker a grin myself

"That's all folks! 'POP' in again soon!"

The outdoor sunlight stings our eyes momentarily once we get off the ride.