| 07 | JUST ONE DAY

.•° °•.
🐣 Vote, comment & enjoy the update! 🐣

The apartment is dark and echoey as I head to bed in navy silk sleepwear and a matching pyjama hat. My eyes squint from the harsh light of my phone when I check the late hour...

I should really get to sleep, it's getting late...

The half-moon is up and surrounded by many milky stars that glitter above, with lightly blowing trees and even an owl in the distance. I gaze out at the scenery with soft eyes before inevitably shutting the curtains and sending the room to darkness.

Finally, I slip into bed, turn off my lap and snuggle comfortably to sleep.

...Yeah. To sleep. Any second now.

Any second...

I'll fall asleep...

*...Cooo, cooo...*

What should be a cozy, deep slumber doesn't happen as effortlessly as it usually does. Instead, my eyes linger open, body shifting around uncomfortably while I repeatedly glance at my bedroom door, as if anticipating something.

Why can't I sleep?

Ugh... This feels weird.

I continue to stare at the door out of habit to the tune of swaying trees and the nightly owl. After at least 20 minutes, I finally drift asleep.

∘₊✧ ° 🪐 ° ✧₊∘

Last night was crappy. I didn't even get enough sleep... Me. I didn't get enough sleep.

The bedroom is just as quiet and empty as it was last night. I instantly look at the foot of my bed, only to be met with empty sheets. My head slumps back into the pillow and I sigh.

Having washed up for the day, I enter the kitchen and unconsciously begin making two breakfasts. One omelet and one PB&J. After slicing through the cushiony white bread, I walk out into the living room but stop and frown to realize the place is empty.

Right... He's not here.

I look down and sigh at the sandwich I made.

Well I'm not going to waste it...

So with a hesitant face, I lift the sandwich and open my mouth into an awkward box, taking the slowest bite. My face instantly becomes a canvas of distaste when I let it fall off my tongue and back onto the plate.

Yeah no.

"Ugh, what is wrong with me today?" I frustratedly throwing away the sandwich and hold my head.

First I couldn't sleep, then I'm making breakfast for nobody. This is fucking weird.

...But this is what I wanted, right? Peace and quiet in my cave. Nothing's different to before I found Gumball 5 days ago...

I don't know... It just feels weird.

It's day 5 of the week, meaning my song for Bighit is due in two days. Maybe working on some music will help.

I walk into my recording studio that's dim and silent as usual. The control table greets me with its shininess as I take a seat at the table and turn it on with a sigh.