Sneaking out

Hi it's me again :p

Let me know what you think about Diana and what you think her backstory is

Have fun reading!

——

  Diana cracked open an eye, listening for any kind of movement.

   It had been silent for about an hour or so.

Jackie was obviously asleep. She was letting out soft snores.

   Carefully, the girl sat up. Jackie only snored a little louder. Taking this as a good sign, Diana pulled the sleeping bag away from her body. She delicately padded to the front of the tent and stepped around Jackie's sleeping form.

   Pulling the zipper down made more noise than Diana would have liked. She turned back to Jackie, biting her lip in anticipation.

   Nothing.

   She pulled the zipper just low enough to walk over, slipping her body through the opening.

   She was free! She turned to the trees, nearly bouncing in anticipation. She could run to the city. She could find weapons. Maybe meet up with the officer again.

    Keep running.

    She tip toed through the circle of tents, heading to the middle. It was the quickest and safest way.

She could finally get away from these captors-

  "What're ya doin."

  Diana jumped and turned to the source of the voice.

   There sat Daryl... still sitting in his chair... smoking a cigarette. The embers of the fire were still glowing, giving off enough light.

  "Absolutely nothing." She retorted, feigning innocence. "Just came outside... fresh air..." she trailed off.

Of course he was outside.

HIM.

Of ALL people.

It had to be him.

Did he have nothing better to do?

    He narrowed his eyes at her. "Sure."

   "So you're just out here mopin'?" She asked, kicking the ground.

Distraction might work. Change the subject.

   He didn't bother answering her. Just continued looking at the embers.

   "Those things will kill you, you know." She muttered.

   Daryl snorted. "So will your loud mouth."

   Diana looked back to the ground. "If you let me leave I'll stop talking to you."

Maybe bargaining was worth a try.

   "The others won't let me live that dream. They want ya here." He growled as he flicked his cigarette into the pit.

Okay bargaining wasn't going to work.

"They don't need to know!" She argued, hands on her hips as her temper flared.

The man just rolled his eyes. When the conversation wasn't followed with anything else, Diana began edging her way to the outskirts of camp. If she moved slow enough-

"What's this racket going on here?" Another voice cut in.

Both Diana and Daryl froze.

From a small brown tent emerged Merle.