| e l e v e n

Seohyun stood still, fear devouring her into an infinite cavity of darkness

Seohyun stood still, fear devouring her into an infinite cavity of darkness. The same scene played right before her eyes like a broken record. A man had his arms around a young woman, who desperately squirmed under his hold like a worm under the claws of a hawk. It felt like a scene straight out of a horror film. The woman’s face was dripping in sweat and drenched in salty tears. Her hair was a fractious mess of tangles dulled by city smog. 

“It’ll be a while until our ride comes to pick us up, won’t you like to have some fun before we go, darling?” The hooded man whispered into her ear, gently brushing away her matted curls to the side. The woman’s screams were muffled by the black cloth tightened around her jaw, almost choking her. Seohyun felt her heart rate shoot up like a firework, the beats pounding like a hammer in her chest. 

The man nuzzled his face deep in the nook of the girl’s exposed neck, breathing in her scent. She could hear him panting and moaning in premature climax, the lust in his breath, like an animal in heat. He sensually slid his hand up her thigh and snuck it underneath her mini skirt while the other fondled around her breasts with so much excitement like a kid tearing apart gift wrapper.

Seohyun gagged at the sight, utterly disgusted. She had one hand covering her mouth and the other clutching her stomach as she hunched slightly. Fuck. Seohyun kept in the need to vomit out the single protein bar in her stomach, feeling the heavy breaths echo in her ears. I can’t stand by and do nothing about it. Seohyun snatched the phone in the pocket of her jeans and turned away to hide back in the pillar. 

“Why hello there, dear.” 

Seohyun widened her eyes as she came face to face with another man. A hooded mask blackened his entire head. Before she could make another move, the man roughly grabbed her by the shoulders. The phone slipped from her hands and fell to the ground. 

It was like a switch flipped in her body, like a reflex when his fingers dug into her skin. Instantly, Seohyun grabbed the man at his elbows. She connected her forehead to his with a loud smack, resulting in him to let go of Seohyun and clutch his head in agony. Ignoring the aching pain that rattled her own skull, she swiftly ducked down to the ground as the man swung his fist to throw a punch. The air whirled above her at the sharp move, but Seohyun could only be thankful he missed. 

She bounced back up from the ground and lifted her leg to strike a kick up his groin. Her foot plunged right into his crotch, eliciting an agonizing grunt from the perpetrator.

“Hey!” Seohyun whipped her head at the other man who held the girl hostage. She was now fully exposed in the open. Shit. The woman took advantage of her perpetrator’s loose arm and elbowed him before she ducked out of his hold. Seohyun followed her and grabbed her arm to run. They dodged past the man lying near the stairs leading to the ground. Climbing up the flight of stairs to the next floor, an ear-ripping blast surged through the air.