| t w o

"Hey, are you lost?" Ji Woo asked whilst Seo Hyun threw her backpack over her shoulder

"No," she replied flatly. How could I admit that I lost my keys? Embarrassed, Seo Hyun wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her coat and shifted her eyes away from Ji Woo.

He sighed, running his chalky fingers through his hair. "Come." He put a hand on her back, steering her away from the street and to the black gate Seo Hyun had desperately tried to open. Ji Woo slid his hand in the pockets of his coat and took out a set of keys. He rattled it through the gate, unlocking it with ease.

Seo Hyun could only watch and stare in sheer astonishment. "No way..." she trailed off, frozen in place. So this is why the place looked so familiar she thought, remembering the incident in the morning.

"Hey, are you coming or what?" Ji Woo called over his shoulder, sending Seo Hyun an annoyed look. She nodded, and carefully entered the property. Ji Woo watched her from the bottom of the stairs, hands folded over his chest as he waited for her to follow.

If this truly is my house... Seo Hyun reached for the keys in her coat and cautiously moved towards a familiar black door standing on the ground floor of the building. "Aish, hey! Are you gonna act like you don't know where I live?" Ignoring Ji Woo, she thrust her keys through the door, and it creaked open to her surprise. "What?" Ji Woo gaped at her, dumbfounded.

"You... You're my neighbor? That's impossible! " Ji Woo remarked as he advanced to Seo Hyun. "Unless..." He gave her a disturbing look, squinting his eyes in suspicion.

"Ah, you must've stolen these keys as a way to--"

"No you crazy bastard! I live here you idiot!" Seo Hyun yelled, crossing her arms over her chest. "I didn't even know someone rented the top floor!"

"Then how did you end up at my house this morning, hmm?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing, perhaps you kidnapped me? Did you drug me, huh? This is probably your way of washing your hands since I don't remember anything at all." Seo Hyun began to accuse, poking his chest. Ji Woo stumbled back, wide-eyed.

He squinted his eyes at her, confused. "Do you seriously not remember how you appeared there?" Ji Woo asked, unconvinced himself.

"No! Why don't you tell me? How did I appear there?" Nothing made sense to neither of them, it was like solving a picture using broken puzzle pieces; nothing would fit.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Ji Woo breathed out, shaking his head before turning around to leave.

* * *

Seo Hyun carried her tray to the table where her co-workers were sitting, and took a seat beside Dr. Jong. "Thank you for covering my rotations last Tuesday, and I'm so sorry that you had to do that." Seo Hyun bowed her head in gratitude, feeling flustered in front of her senior.