With a loud grunt, Soana sent her foot flying into his back, causing Gato's tattered shirt to fly up.

The princess gawked after seeing the sight of burn marks and scars going diagonally across his back, making him look like he had been through a shredder and an incinerator.

Gato heaved in numerous breaths, leaning his forehead on the metal of the cell floor. He dry swallowed and closed his eyes due to exhaustion.

"Gato," Soana gasped.
"What happened to,"

"I thought you would've figured it out if you'd just listen." He mumbled.

"Azula did this, didn't she?"

Gato spoke weakly.
"She had it done for her."

"The scars?"

"The razor scars were my punishment for disobeying Azula's orders in Ba Sing Se. When she ordered me to set Yuri's house in flames with her and Sueh inside, I told her I wouldn't do it, but the Fire Nation soldiers listened to her and burned the house to the ground.

After defying her, I received a punishment of one hundred lashes. I tried to get away, but I was caught. After trying to use earth bending as my means to escape, they sent me to the Boiling Rock; the highest security prison made entirely out of metal. Where no earth bender could possibly escape."

Soana frowned, hearing the rest of Gato's story.

"After they sent me to the Boiling Rock, I was the guard's favorite, so they would use any excuse to burn me until Chit Sang came here. Now I'm thankful I finally go unnoticed."

Gato breathed heavily, but laid still in fear of Soana's blows. However, the princess believed had no more reasons to hurt him. In her eyes, she was in the wrong and Gato did nothing to deserve her hits.

"I'm so sorry." She muttered.

"Don't," He cut her off.

Silence filled the room before Gato groaned, getting up from his position on the floor to go to his cot.
"Congrats on the wedding, Fire Princess Soana."

Soana rolled her eyes at the mention of the title.
"Don't ever call me that."

Gato raised a brow.
"You wrongfully hurt me just a moment ago. I think I can call you whatever I want."

"I'm not a Fire Princess." Soana spoke shamefully.
"I never wanted any of this to happen."

"Then why did you let it?" He sneered, plopping his aching body on his cot.
"You're pretty stupid to let something you were running away from take over your life."

"I didn't have a choice, Gato. Besides that, I was doing it for my people. I might have ran away but I still have a duty to be a princess for my tribes."

"How selfless of you." Gato spoke with sarcasm.
He rolled his eyes.
"Seriously, Soana, you need to grow a spine and do what you really want. It's irritating to watch you be so naive and indecisive."

The princess scoffed.
"Says the one who sided with Azula at the wrong time."

"Azula was very convincing. I was promoted to a Dai Li agent the second she took over. In fact, I was the first soldier to bow to her."