How could he think so low of me? What have I done to deserve this?

I looked up at him who was looking directly towards me with red blood-shot eyes. His eyes were no longer looking at me the way they used to before. His eyes used to look at me with love and adoration, but right now...the only emotion his eyes held were of hatred and disgust.

It was difficult for me to sink in everything that was happening and every words that he was speaking, as I still thought that maybe it was all a nightmare and after I will wake up, everything will go back to normal. But who was I kidding to, it wasn't my dream at all. I was wide awake and was in front of him, had nothing but hatred for me in his heart.

His look he was giving me was piercing through my heart. And it was really painful.

"Why...do you think that I am the kind...of woman that yo...you mentioned just now?" I managed to ask, stuttering.

"Wow! You really want to listen to everything from my mouth." he said, looking at me in disgust.

I nodded my head slowly. I really wanted to listen to everything. If I was to get humiliated then I must know the reason behind it. I wanted to know everything that was in his heart so that I could leave him and this place without any burden on my chest. I know that I haven't done anything wrong so if I am to leave this man, I should do that after knowing everything so that I don't regret it later. I don't like incomplete conversations. I wanted to leave the whole thing with a proper finish.

"I caught your little secret, Ms. Milburn." he said. I didn't speak anything and let him continue.

"I saw your "Childhood Sweetheart", Elvis proposing to you for marriage." he said, air quoting Childhood sweetheart.

I wasn't shocked at all. After hearing all the words coming out of his mouth tonight, I was no longer affected or shocked hearing him say this. But I kept listening.

"And guess what, he didn't just propose to you, you accepted his proposal as well." he said with a bitter smile.

"You know, when I saw you and Elvis at the store, I thought maybe you guys were buying ring for gifting someone. But, when I saw him proposing to you and you accepting his request, I wanted to go and kill him and punish you for cheating on me."

"Finally, I was letting go of all my fears and insecurities. But you gave me yet another betrayal like my mother did. I thought that I had found the right woman for me but I guess every woman in this world is just like my mother. I can't trust any woman even again in my life and thanks to you for that." he said, bitterly.

Hearing his words, I was numb, both mentally and emotionally. I couldn't utter any word. The level of pain that I was in was indescribable. Chris was hurt but more than him, I was hurt. He might have lost his trust in women again but after this, I wouldn't be able to trust anyone in my life ever again.

I looked up at him and realized that his eyes were firmly focused on me as if they were waiting for me to say something or maybe deny all his allegations to prove myself innocent but it didn't matter any longer. Why would it matter now when he has got engaged to another woman already? I am not the kind of woman who would ruin another woman's reputation. I am surely the kind of woman who would do anything to protect the love of my life but now the things have changed.

If he had come to me first and discussed about it with me and tried to clear the misunderstanding, I would have gladly listened to everything he had to say and then cleared his misunderstanding...but, he didn't try to solve it and instead took this measure decision all by himself. He no longer deserve to know the truth.