[05] meet the spirits

Katara and Sialora just finished their duels with other pupils that were studying waterbending. Both girls defeated every other boy that was there that day, and Master Pakku applauded them for their hard work. Aang in the meantime, wasn't very concentrated on the whole "learning" aspect of the class.

Sialora seemed happy for the first time in a while, especially since she knew that Yue was with Sokka, which brought her joy.

Her joy didn't last long though, as remnants fell from the sky, but they weren't white like snow. They were actually the opposite. It was soot sprinkling from above.

The waterbender examined the surrounding in front of her, and she saw people flexing for their lives.

Sokka and Yue were seen running up the stairs, but Sokka ended up being left behind by the Princess.

It was later in the day, and people were gathered to hear Chief Arnook speak.

"The day we have feared the most, has arrived. The Fire Nation is at our doorstep. It is with great sadness that I call my family here before me, knowing well that some of these faces are to vanish from our tribe, but they will never vanish from our hearts." Arnook changed his stance, and continued talking.

"Now, as we begin the battle of our existence, I call upon the great spirits. Spirit of the ocean! Spirit of the moon! Be with us!" He finished looking at the sky, and he looked at the crowd before him.

"I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission."

Sokka stood up quickly. "Count me in!"

Both Katara and Aang didn't support his decision, and Yue was alarmed by his voice. Sialora rested a hand on Yue's shoulder, as she scooted closer to sit next to her friend.

"I must warn you. Many of you will not return. Come forward to receive my mark, if you accept the task." The Chief's hands were behind his back as he finished his sentence.

Sialora walked behind Yue as they made their way to stand next to the Chief.

One boy arrived and received the mark, and the next was Sokka. Yue looked at him intently, and he walked away after receiving the three red lines on his head. He looked back for a second at Yue, and then he glanced to Sialora.

Sokka look defeated, and Sialora's eyes pleaded for him to stay, but he turned around. Yue couldn't control herself, as she tried to hold back her tears, but a few managed to slip.

Sialora went to the outside of the palace to look above her Nation. She saw Aang perched on a small pillar, with Katara standing on the ground next to him.

The waterbender walked next to the Avatar, and they made eye contact. "The tension before a battle is unbearable." Sialora pointed out, and Aang sighed loudly.

"I wasn't there when the Fire Nation attacked my people, but I'm going to make a difference this time." He clenched his hand into a fist, as he looked upon the horizon.

"We're in this together, Aang." The servant added to reassure him, as she placed her hand on his right shoulder.

All of the fighters were on the tribe's giant wall. Aang was siting upon Appa, ready to fly when needed. Katara and Sokka were standing next to each other, and Sialora was to the right of the siblings.

They squinted their eyes, looking for anything coming their way.

The sky seemed pretty clear, up until a bright orange ball appeared to be coming closer to them, and it hit the middle of the wall, knocking people left and right.