Chapter 52

If im gonna be hawnest idek what im doing; lets all pray it turns out okay :D

X

Lua's POV:

Grayson didn't release my hand as we exited the room we had just occupied and I didn't mind at all, as I focused on Emily who was slightly shaking as she began heading for the stairs, leading the whole group. 

The castle in itself was a mess, lifeless bodies and weapons scattered like litter around the usually polished floors, blood painting the walls and furniture. I noticed that some of the corpses weren't wearing the standard lunar uniform, instead they had a golden sigil of an arrow pointed west with a line swirling around it. 

"Did you bring your own soldiers?" I asked Grayson, not taking my eyes of the fallen men and women; the lives lost for me. I wanted to mourn for them, to ask the names of every individual who died; but there were bigger things to be handled at the moment, and I was not going to let their sacrifices be let to waste. I grinded my teeth at the rage that began to boil through me, that began to fuel my magic to replenish faster; the king and queen had brought nothing but misery and agony throughout their reign, it was about time they were taken care of. 

"Yes." Grayson answered, his eyes flashing to the corpses before turning back to Emily, "We will hold proper burials for them when this is all over," 

I nodded, pushing the guilt that was slowly beginning to chew its way through me, blinking back the sorrow that came along side it. 

We all dashed up the stairs, and through corridor after corridor and then Emily stopped at the bottom of another flight of stairs, "They are up there," She said, her eyes still wide and her stance still rigid, but there was fiery determination within her, even for her gaurded demeanour, she was putting her trust within us; had put her trust within me, to set everything straight and make her world and others a better place. 

"Thank you, Emily," Grayson said, before walking to the front of the group, and releasing my hand and replacing it with a long sword. I had two long daggers with me and my slowly replenishing powers within my arsenal.

"I want to be the one to kill them," I said, not caring if it was completely out of the blue or whatever else. I was going to be the one to end their lives. 

"Or we can not kill them and let them suffer throughout their long lives," Melione said, twirling a dagger in her hand. 

"Having them live on is a plague to this world," I said, "I will kill them,"

Melione shrugged, grinning aloofly at me and flashing a teasing bow, "As you wish," 

"Let's go," Grayson said and we all began walking up the stairs, our footsteps completely silent even on the wooden flooring and the risk of the metal of our weapons clanking together. My blood hummed in anticipation to finally see the king and queen's reign to be ended, my magic a faint roaring in my ears, raging alongside me at the terror that was caused because of them, at the things they had done to me. 

Although Grayson's thrum of power was snuffed out to hide our presence, I could still feel the anger that was roiling through him through the mating bond, I could sense the bloodlust and the want to also see the king and queen dead. His face revealed nothing of the hurricane of wrath within him, but at the smallest time I could see the flash of deathly intent in his eyes, could see the way it made him tighten his hold on his sword. 

There was a door at the top of the stairs and we didn't bother to knock, as Grayson obliterated the piece of wood to smithereens. 

There were multiple guards stationed inside the large room, all their swords out and ready, and we didn't get a chance to do anything as they each charged towards us. But no one had to move a muscle, as Grayson released the grip on his powers, and every single one dropped dead; their body slowly blackening to ashes. My magic buzzed at the brush of his magic, a call to each other.