Chapter Sixteen | Talking

Comenzar desde el principio

"Understood. Now can I talk to George?"

I was excited yet nervous at the same time, it had been who knows how long since I have talked to George...

"Yes, you may talk to him for one hour."

I heard the slot which I had noticed was under the door slide open, revealing my phone. I picked it up, realizing it was wiped clean. All my apps were gone.

"Time is ticking."

An annoyed voice different from before spoke. I quickly looked through my contacts; all my contacts besides George were gone. I was going to call 911 but the numbers would not show up; what had they done to my phone? I gave up and called George, the lifeless beeps rang for a few minutes before I heard a tired hello through the phone. He did not sound like himself.

"George?"

I asked, hopeful.

"Who is this? is this some kind of prank?"

George instantly sounded heated.

"No George, it's really me... It's Clay..."

The phone went silent for a few minutes.

"I don't have much time, I made a deal with them George, and I want to spend all my time with you before you're gone!"

I cried out, pulling my knees up to my face.

"Omg, it's really you!"

He sobbed; I heard yelling in the background. I could hear Darryl and Nick and many others talking; I was instantly overwhelmed with a ton of worried voices before hearing the speakers muffle.

"Your time is now minus twenty minutes, If you don't ask the others to leave, we will take off more time or disconnect the call instantly!"

The voice sounded beyond angry, my stomach turned as I realized it reminded me of my dad which triggered a panic attack.

"George!"

I instantly started hyperventilating, struggling to breathe while shaking frantically.

"They have to go! They're taking away my time George! I need you!"

tears kept streaming down my eyes; I did not want my time to go away. I love everyone who was there, but I could not lose my time with George.

"Everyone you have to go! Now."

I heard him yell at everyone; I heard a few angry replies in the background. Soon it was just me and George.

"I'm so sorry!"

I cried, struggling to speak. I hated this so much, I just wanted George to stay for longer.

"Shh it's okay, they all understand; alright?"

George tried to hush me, but the tears kept falling.

"Clay... I know it's hard, but I need you right now and you need me."

I could hear the pain in his voice.

"George... I miss you so much!"

I cried, holding the phone tightly.

"I know I know; we will get you out of this okay?"

I was glad to be talking to George after all this time.

"Okay..."

"How did you even get a phone in the first place? Let alone talk to me?"

He was very curious.

"I made a deal, thirty minutes with you, in today's case an hour. Well, less than an hour, in exchange for me eating and not causing trouble."

I laughed slightly, trying to wipe away the tears from my damp face.

"What kind of trouble have you been causing and what?? Have you even been eating??"

George was very worried, I could tell.

"Um... uh pulling out my I.V... Um, banging on the door and uh... not really, I mean the I.V does it."

I was quickly interrupted.

"You what?! You pulled out your I.V?! You know doing that the wrong way can kill you!"

He freaked out, making me laugh. Good to know after all this time he was still able to yell at me for my stupidity.

"I know but It was fucking feeding me!"

We both broke out in laughter.

"Your such an idiot."

George managed to let out between his laughs; I could tell his emotions were coming back to life.

"Clay..."

"George..."

I couldn't help it as the tears started falling again; he was here on the phone, but he wasn't with me...

And I needed him more than ever...

Yaaay they talked!

-Editor Alex