Can't Get Enough of You

Start from the beginning

“Is she still in the hospital?”

“Oh no she just got a broken wrist and some bruising.”

“Um, uh, okay thanks” I speed out of Candy’s and start the car up. I sit there for a second thinking of the millions of things that could have happened to Sydney, the possibilities are depressing me and I see that it is now twelve. So I figure I better head back and try to not think about Sydney until we get off tour. But I doubt I’ll be successful.

When I get back to the house everyone is packing their stuff in the van so I go and grab my bags and follow what they are doing. We hop in the car and start driving to the airport.

*Sydney POV*

Hannah picked me up and we went to this Italian restaurant nearby. We just sat down at our table.

“So, tell me what is all this crazy stuff that has been happening to you?”

“Okay well I guess I’ll start with while I was going to work two days ago, I was walking on the bus while thinking about some stuff when R5’s song “All about the girl” Came on the speakers, so between thinking and listening to that song I got really distracted, I wasn’t paying attention and I ran into this guy and knocked him over. I took him to Candy’s to get some ice, and it turns out he is like really awesome, and I really haven’t been able to stop thinking about him since then…” I blush.

“Aww Sydney has a little crush!” Hannah started teasing me.

“Haha, oh shut up!” I smile blushing more, but then I start to get serious, “Yeah well meeting him was good and all and he left Candy’s after a few hours. Anyways, after I closed up the shop, I uh….” I paused for a second and started crying. I try to get my story out between gasps “I was waiting… for the bus when… Derek” Just his name sets me off, now I’m uncontrollably sobbing.

“Oh, sweetie, he didn’t, did he?” I hadn’t told Hannah of my wrist yet and I had it hidden in my coat. I started nodding and pulled out my wrist to show her. Then tears started to stream down her cheeks as well. “God damn him!” she said standing up, the whole restaurant looked our way, so I pulled Hannah back down to a sitting position. At this point I finished telling Hannah about what happened with Derek while I had a constant stream of tears rolling down the bone structure of my face.

I inhale deeply and tell myself to calm down, at some point during my story Hannah had come over and sat next to me, just to hold me and support me while I tried to calm myself down “Well in the end I came to the realization that that won’t be my last encounter with Derek, and I have a feeling that my next will be soon.”

“Sydney, if you want, I’ll stay the night with you in your apartment tonight.”

“Would you? Because I think that is just what I need. Thank you” I sniffle out and hug her.

“No problem. I love you girl.” She smiles cheerfully at me.

*Riker POV*

We are now boarding our plane to leave for Chicago. I am sooo excited for the plane ride! Not. They are so boring… but I guess I can take this chance to text Sydney some more. So I guess that will be pretty cool. We sit down in our seats, my mom, dad, and Ryland sit together, Ratliff, Rydel, and Rocky sit together, and then Ross and I sit together.

I immediately grab out my phone and I send Sydney a text.

*Ross POV*

I sit down next to Riker on the plane. He is all smiles staring at his phone.

“You know you have to turn that off right?” I tell him.

“Oh… I’ll just put it on airplane mode, they don’t make that mode for nothing!” He smiles back at me. Ever since yesterday he has been in an above average Riker mood.

“Uhg” I scoff back. I’m kind of in a sourpuss mood right now, ever since I found out Sydney was hospitalized I haven’t really been feeling too peachy.

“hehehe” Riker giggles next to me. I turn to look at him… who could he be texting? Riker never texts.

“What’s so funny?” I ask.

“Oh… um… nothing”

“Who ya texting?” I ask more eagerly.

“Um.. just this girl I met…”

“Oh… I see so your girlfriend?” I wink at him jokingly.

“Not at all! She is just a really good friend, and besides she told me she likes someone anyway”

“Oh yeah? Did she mention his name was Riker?”

“No! Well actually she didn’t say his name”

“I bet if you asked she’d say ‘Riker’” I whisper to myself, saying Riker in a girly voice, but saying it loud enough so that Riker would hear. All he did was look away, and basically brush me away.

“Fine, I’ll just go to sleep” ‘Or just sit here, sleepless, thinking.” I think to myself.