"Don't forget that biriyani." Farhan licked his lips excitedly making her giggle, she nodded her head nevertheless and they both continued to talk anything and everything.

Staying away from Farhan was not how she has imagined it to be. That was so horrible and difficult. Now she understood how hard it was to be in a long-distance relationship. But funnily enough, her situation is nameless. She was in love with this guy for years but he has no idea and how much ever she tried, he refused to leave her mind.

Her love for him was one-sided and pure. If he loves someone else then she's okay with that. As long as he's happy, she's happy too. Her heart was that big.

But this distance was messing up with her feelings way too bad. She can neither talk about it nor express herself to anyone. And it was so damn frustrating. That's why her parents said, stay away from guys. Oh, how she wished that she has listened to them.

"How is Haya?" he asked in between and her smile immediately vanished from her face.

"She's good. Must be sleeping," she replied with a fake smile. Natasha loves Haya but when it comes to Farhan, the little envy which she has for her friend was growing day by day and it was getting very dangerous.

"You have exams tomorrow. You must be sleeping too. Go to sleep." Farhan replied with a concerned filled voice.

"Yeah, I should," she replied but he didn't pay any attention to her as a new member made an appearance behind him and he turned to talk with that person.

"Uh, I have to go. Work is calling." Farhan sighed and the person behind him cut him off in between, "No, Mr Sheikh, if you're busy we can postpone the shoot." the girl flashed her bright smile, assuringly. With the way she was looking at Farhan, it was clear that she's attracted to him. Natasha waited for him to look at the screen.

"Hey, Nats. Uh, well... She's Sasha, a supermodel. Basically works for our company, until I work here. I gotta go now. Go and sleep. You have an exam tomorrow. Get some rest." Farhan smiled at her as he waved bye and before she could respond to him, he hung up her call making Natasha frown at the screen.

Sasha.

That girl was so gorgeous.

A freaking supermodel.

And by the looks of it, she might have a crush on Farhan.

Who can blame her? Any straight girl will fall for that guy, he's not just a pretty face but a really down to earth and kind-hearted guy. Everyone falls for him. But his heart though is only reserved for Haya Ali. She or that Sasha, no one stands a chance. And that was the fact which Natasha finds hard to digest. She's slowly accepting it though.

***

"How did you write?" Haya and Natasha asked at the same time as they met each other near the college entrance. Students were already celebrating the last exam with their friends. They laughed at the coincidence and hugged each other in happiness.

"WE DID IT!" they both yelled at the same time as they jumped up and down and stopped themself as they realized they were in public.

"I can't wait for the results already," Natasha exclaimed with a sheepish smile once they broke the hug.

"I don't know. Let's forget about that. It's holidays season now." Haya mumbled excitedly as they both walked towards the crowded bus stand.

"You're planning to go somewhere?" Natasha enquired as they waited for the bus to come.

"Yeah, my uncle's home. Which is in that village, aunt Muskan is making everyone go, I figured I'd go there too. For a change." Haya replied with a small smile.

"Wow. That must be fun. But call me every single day, okay?" Natasha threatened her friend who nodded her head with a chuckle.

"Did you talk with Farhan?" Haya asked as they watched a group of boys tear their question papers excitedly.

"I called him yesterday," Natasha replied with her big wide smile, Haya just nodded her head, slightly uninterestedly.

"What's up?" she held her best friend's hands who seemed a little upset after the mention of Farhan's name. The usual enthusiasm was not there on Haya's face today.

"I'm not sure, I mean... do you think me and Farhan will work out?" Haya asked sceptically making Natasha frown.

"What do you mean? Don't you love him?" Natasha asked a little shockingly.

"Love? No... there is no love, yet. I like him, he's a great guy and I can see myself with him in my near future with a cute little family, but I've never fallen in love with him." Haya confessed honestly.

"But... He loves you..." Natasha frowned at that thought. How can Haya not love someone as amazing as Farhan? She'd kill to be in Haya's place, but this girl was truly something else.

"Exactly my worries. In these six month gaps, we haven't talked that much and I miss him. The time difference is killing me and I was thinking what if he fell out of love or something? What if he too leaves like everyone else?" Haya asked with a blank face.

"You are being paranoid. He would never leave you. That much I know about him. But what do you mean by you don't love him?" Natasha asked again, hoping that it was a sick joke.

"I don't love him. I may have a crush on him, I find him hot and all. But love was never there. I just don't know." Haya took a deep sigh.

"You're confusing me." Natasha didn't fail to hide her surprise.

"He loves me, yeah. But I don't love him. Maybe after marriage, I might fall in love with him. I don't know..." she trailed off sceptically.

"Our bus is here." unable to picture Haya and Farhan as a married couple, Natasha interrupted her friend in between and they both boarded the bus silently.

They didn't speak anything throughout the ride, Natasha's mind was filled with so many absurd questions and she didn't really want to think about them anymore. Haya got down on her stop with a bye and left her friend to think more deeply.

Somewhere in a little corner of her heart, there was this question running.

Will Haya leave Farhan if she asks her to?

She was her best friend, right?

But deep down Natasha knew this was not happening. Not now, never. She had to accept the reality.

She and Farhan can never have a happily ever after.

But there was this little hope, she couldn't do anything but to hold onto that hope tightly.