Echo turned to Lena, who sat quietly with her hands folded in her lap, quietly lost in thought. She was being awfully quiet for someone who had been properly horrified only moments before.

"I'm glad to hear that because George and Karen are coming over for dinner tonight." Vera said, making Echo turn back to her.

"I thought it was strange you two were home so early." Echo said with a soft sigh. Great, just what she needed.

"Yes, we were sent ahead to warn the troops." Romy added. "and to make sure cook has something whipped up worthy of our George."

"Right." Vera said, "I'll go talk to cook and the maids and the rest of you just make sure you're in here and ready by 6:30 pm."

Vera glanced around, it was true that none of them were really pleased with George's choice but they wouldn't let him know that. Then, her eyes settled on Echo for a second, taking in the outdated, 90's grunge edition, angry tomboy look she'd been wearing for the last 5 years.

"And if you guys don't mind, mom and dad want us to dress nicely." She added, biting her lip as she did so. Echo smiled, her way of letting Vera know that she was not offended by the comment at all.

"Well, I'm taking Rocko out first." Maru said, standing.

"Is Ben coming?" Lena asked, finally breaking her silence although her voice sounded strange... even to herself.

"Yes." Vera replied.

"Good." Lena said, heading out of the room as fast as her feet could carry her.

Echo watched now as Vera and Romy began to chat among themselves. Physically, they were the most similar- tall beauties with dark honey blonde hair and the same pretty features but while Romy had the cobalt eyes like Lena's, Vera had the same dark ones that Echo sported. Aside from their looks, the two women were quite opposite. Both fashionable in their own way but while Romy's look was runway ready-man eater, Vera always had a very casual, French chic to her.

Even though Romy was the oldest, Echo always felt like Vera was the big sister. She was the one always trying to keep them organized, the person who was constantly cleaning up after them, reminding them to get things done, giving them advice they didn't want... it had been that way all their life. One day, Vera would have a whole bunch of children of her own. Echo knew that, there was no way someone like her wouldn't. It just had to be.

Now as she walked back up the stairs to find something that would be considered decent for tonight, Echo thought of George. Good old reliable George. They'd known him all their life and he was practically part of the family. He was over for dinner at least once a week, except in the last few months when he'd begun to see Karen. She supposed it was only natural that George would want to get married now. He was 37 now, just a few years older than Ben, and was now the VP of Marketing for her parent's company.

She would have been maybe 6 or 7 when George started as an intern and slowly began to promote up the ladder. Her parents had taken an instant liking to him, hardworking and extremely ethical man that he was. They'd practically adopted him, inviting him over all the time and allowing him to take Ben out as he got older. To Echo, it had been almost like having another brother and so she should be happy for him and she was, she just supposed that like everyone else, she'd expected someone very different for George. Echo frowned as she tried to recall the few things she knew about Karen. Was she tall? Maybe about Echo's height?

"Can you believe it?" Lena asked, nearly making Echo jump back as she reached the end of the hall.

"I mean, he's getting pretty old. It's natural." Echo replied. Lena frowned.