Two: welcome to capital

Siara

- one week ago -

"you were supposed to get an A on our final projects"

I heard a voice say ,snatching the book from my hand. I looked up to see a 7 kids from my homeroom class led by Zia,from the orphanage smirking at me.

In the orphanage, Mrs Meadows tried to teach us the basics until a certain age of 10 years old. After that all the kids are put into a public school made by the Alpha as a Non Profit Institution.

Before I could even respond, my favorite book was torn in front of my eyes and my bag was on the floor.

'A few more days to go' I whispered to myself 'then I'll graduate and be free'

I kept saying this to myself when they started cursing me. I've been facing these bullies through out my high school. They have managed to crush my soul without even laying a had on me.They know better than to hit me. Instead they throw curses at me and make me do their work.

"nerd" they said

"you're ugly"

"no one loves you"

"you don't deserve this"

"run away"

"everyone wants you to leave"

"you aren't good enough"

This went on for a few more rounds until they got bored. But before leaving Zia flashed her golden eyes at me, showing her wolf.

"you should run away instead of coming to the packhouse" she said "you won't even have your wolf when your mate rejects you"

and then they left.

At this point, the words don't affect me anymore, I'm used to them. But one thing that struck me was the fact that how true the last sentence was.

After graduation, when we turn 18,we were supposed to leave the comfort of orphanage forever and move into the pack house.

Since most of us aren't from the top posts; Alpha, Beta or Gamma (if we were, we would be raised in the pack house instead of the orphanage) of the pack we were supposed to work as Omegas or the pack warriors.While the soon to be Royal Alphas,Beta rulers and Gammas of all the 5 kingdoms were supposed to go and further study in the Royal Academy of Werewolves. It was a place exclusively for them. Well, and a few chosen wolves. No one knew how the process of choosing other wolves is ,but it is a matter of prestige to go there.

As for my wolf, that's true aswell , think of it as a 'blessing' or a curse but female wolves can only shift and communicate with their wolves once they meet and accept their soul mates; that one person who is bound to be with you and love you for your entire life.

It is stupid, if you ask me. I mean, what about those who don't have mates, or those whose mates chose someone else over them. Would they not get the happiness to shift have their wolves? Or would they only be able to feel the presence and activities of their wolves in their head and sense?

I have my wolf. I know that she exists. I can feel her inside me. I can sense her moments, her emotions,i can hear her growl when she is angry, whimper when she is sad, howl when she is hurt, but I don't know how big is she, or how she looks and the colour of her fur nor can I talk to her using words or shift. I'll have to wait until I find my soulmate to do that.

And that is surreal.

'Siara' Mrs.Meadows' voice rang in my head as she called for me through the pack link.

'hey,Mrs.M' I replied

'Where are you,child?' I smiled at that, even though I didn't know my family, Mrs. M has been close to a mother figure to me

'it was the last day of school so we were left a little late,we had to complete few formalities, graduation is in a month'

'Come back as soon as you can and then meet me in my office, we have guests'

'okay Mrs. M, see you soon' I said cutting the link off and started running towards the orphanage.

~~~

It took me 15 minutes reach the orphanage.

Not having a wolf form means we train in our human forms to an extent of fighting battles. The training naturally improves our speed and reflexes in human forms.

As soon as i reached, I headed straight towards Mrs. Meadows' office where I was hit by an unfamiliar scent. It recked of authority and demand respect.

I knocked the door and went inside to see Mrs. M sitting in her chair, facing a built man.

"Ah, Siara" said Mrs. M smiling at me "Greet General Luke, he has come as a representative of the Royal Alpha James Orian. "

I bowed my head a little in respect facing our General while he simply nodded .

"Sit down,dear. We have a great news" Said the Lady infront of me.

And for the first time, the General turned towards me completely,handed my a bag accompanied by a letter and said "You have been granted a full scholarship to attend the Royal Academy."

------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies,

I hope y'all liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment what you think about it.

Also y'all can follow me on instagram @whypreeyalraut

that's all for now, until then;)