Truce Sealed

SITHARA'S POV

From the looks of his expression, i was pretty sure, he is stunned too.
For a second i felt my heart reach for him cause seeing Mrinalini i know how much of emotions roll over you after getting to know the entire life you had led or so believed are not real.

Before i could pull him out of his shock laden state,a knock sounded on our door.Hearing the knock, the person before me stiffened and came back to reality.

"If you two love birds are finished discussing about your life's important decision, please come down to bless us all with you grace cause its nearly an hour since you two came here" Siddhu spoke in a taunting manner.

Seeing the condition of Dr.Abhimanyu before me i decided to help him by answering Siddhu,the least i could do for him.But before i could answer,
" Inform them we will be down in a minute and we are ready to exchange rings as they suggested" spoke Dr.Abhimanyu.

" Exactly, thought so this would be the decision, anyways thats why i didnt disturb you guys from your lovey dovey moments like last time and so i knocked the door like a true gentleman this time" Siddhu spoke smugly.

" Siddhu"spoke Dr.Abhimanyu in a warning tone and that was enough for Siddhu to run downstairs instead of teasing us.

But i was angry cause not few moments ago i thought this guy required some warmth after a big ordeal he underwent but now i take back my words cause he apparently didnt seem to be emotionally disturbed as i thought so afterall he decided that we are getting engaged without my consent.

" How dare you? Do i look like a puppet to you? I am a person too with emotions and i have equal rights in matters incase of taking decision" i stated having enough of his dominance.

Without flinching from my words he expressed cooly
" If you need my help or if you need the ring which is one of the important proof for your case,come down and act as a docile bride."

Hearing his statement i comprehended the options before me and cursed for falling to this trap myself.

" If you had done thinking, i give you exactly 15 mins to get ready and come downstairs and by the way when you come downstairs, quit that attitude of yours cause dont forget who is the boss here" he spoke arrogantly.

" What? Ho--w ca-n u?" I stuttered unable to speak cause my mind was puzzled with many thoughts

"You have already wasted 10 seconds of your time!" He exclaimed like the jerk he is.

" No wait, i still have-

" Another 2 seconds gone!
Tick tok ,your time is running sweetheart, i advice you to run too otherwise i can simply cancel the engagement cause i have nothing to lose, i already got the information so will i have the ring too somehow" he spoke in a calm manner but here i am fuming since he is logically right and he has the upper hand too.

With the all the anger i had, i just pushed him out of the room and shut the door on his face so as to get ready for my own grave i digged with this jerk.

Once i got ready wearing a black saree, i decided to go downstairs.

" Oh Sithara, i see you are ready like as usual looking very beautiful but see my son he is still not here, i should pull his ears for being late to his own engagement" Anu maam complimented me and  spoke disappointed with her son's behaviour.

I didnt take much time to dress up cause its not like i have to impress someone, i thought. So much taunting for me to be here on time wheras he himself is late, i scoffed internally at his behaviour and threat for me.

I heard footsteps approching me and without looking i know who it might be.

" Oh, sis- in- law! You look so pretty! Why dont you elope with me afterall am more handsome than that stone face" Siddhu spoke just like Siddhu.I giggled hearing his statement.

" Oh i really wish too, but -

" She loves me not you, so get lost you loser and stop flirting with my fiancee'" spoke the jerk.How i wish i could just punch his face ,cant he see we are just playing,how can  he afterall he is always grumpy.

" See his behaviour,Sithara.You have few more mins before exchanging rings ,think wisely, i can help you elope from this grumpy face" spoke Siddhu smugly and he left.

" Who did he call grumpy face here?" questioned that jerk in an irritated way.

" Who else, the one who came late himself" i spoke in a taunting manner.

Before he could reply,
" Ok kids, its time now,enough talk, please come here you two" Anu maam called us

Once we reached the spot she mentioned; uncle Kishore came near Dr.Abhimanyu and asked him to put ring on my left hand.

I was really tense cause though i know its fake and all still its kinda freaking me out afterall this is my first serious step in my personal life afterall i never had boyfriends or such stuff, i was busy myself so i didnt have time for all those moreover i was saving myself for the right person so far hoping i would settle with him and live happily everafter like those books say but here i am getting engaged to a jerk.

A cold metal feeling brought me back to reality putting hold to all my thoughts and thats how i knew he had already finished putting the ring .

" Now Sithara, its your turn" saying this Anu maam gave me the ring .

I looked closely at the ring afterall its the same mystery ring which led me here.

After i slid the ring i tried removing my hand but he took hold of my left hand which had the ring he put just now and kissed it.I gasped seeing his behaviour, this is fake what we are doing then who gave him right to do all this.

We could hear multiple applause but i was busy glaring at him wheras he was still holding my hand smiling asthough everything is real here.

" Let go of my hand" i whispered to him gritting my teeth.

" Cant do sweetheart afterall we have officially sealed the truce you see" he spoke smirking.

" Oh really" i went close to him and stomped his feet with my heels.

" Ouch, you witch" he spoke in a pained angry tone

" Now my dear handsome fiancee, the truce is really sealed" i spoke grinning in an evil manner.

Hey dear readers, hope you are all doing good!

Stay positive no matter what cause your optimism will definetly bring good not only for you also to others around you.

After all the cat and mouse are offcially engaged.Get ready and buckle up for the real ride.

See you in next chapter,until then dont forget to vote or comment.
                                       - Love u all!