Chapter 3: Dust and Ashes; Scars and Burns

Start from the beginning

"Mama?! MAMA?! WAKE UP! MAMA!" they both whipped their heads around to see a crying Izuku terrified out of his mind as he knelt beside an unconscious Inko, trying to shake her awake to no avail.

Katsuki instantly scrambled back to his feet, Tsuya following him. The boy swooped in and carried Izuku out while Tsuya quickly slung Inko's arm across her shoulder and dragged her out.

Tsuya tried to ignore the copper smell of blood seeping from a wound on Inko's head, caking her forehead in crimson and how her head lolled limply.

The four of them collapsed in a heap outside the kitchen, panting and coughing from lack of proper air.

Crap, Inko- the only adult- was down, Izuku- the poor boy, who much worst could his day get?!- was close to hysterics and the two of them were the only ones conscious and capable enough right now to do something-

"Oi, who're those two NPCs?"

Tsuya and Katsuki's head snapped up so fast, it was a surprise they didn't get whiplash. Standing there nonchalantly as though he wasn't standing in a room gradually going up in flames, before four people who almost died, was a young man.

Even in the dim orange glow of the flames, they could make the deathly pale complexion of his skin and even more unnervingly, they saw the literal detached hand over his face. Actually, there were numerous other hands all over his body, each one clinging onto him, positioned to held onto different parts of his body.

If the dismembered embalmed hands weren't enough to send chills down their spines, the red eyes glinting with malice through the gaps of the hands sent red flags screaming in their heads.

A villain.

There was no other possible explanation.

"They're the boy's babysitters." It was then they notice the other man behind the boy. Unlike the younger man, this one was dressed formally- almost professionally really. His entire body seemed to consist of a dark purple mist with two piercing yellow streaks- they guessed those were his 'eyes'- contrasting against it.

"Tch, this wasn't part of the plan. I thought they weren't supposed to be here." The hand guy- they'll call him that for now- said, annoyed and almost petulant like a child who was told he would have to play under the watch of a strict adult.

The hand guy began to scratch at his neck, evidently irritated. "Why did you two NPCs have to be here tonight? Should've joined another server. I'll kill you two now and that woman before I take the brat."

Wait.....what did he.....

Instantly, any pain, panic, confusion and hesitation faded from Katsuki as it was replaced with a consuming righteous anger and the need to protect his family blazed inside him.

"You....YOU BASTARD!" he roared, charging forward, an explosion crackling in his palm ready for the hand bastard who had the fu$king gall to waltz in here and-

Another dark purple swirling mass formed in front of him- oh $hit, he's too close he can't dodge in time-

He felt a force yank him back, just before he could enter the warp gate that abruptly closed before him. Whipping his head around, he saw Tsuya still clutching onto the collar of his shirt.

"Idiot! Think for once goddammit!" Tsuya hissed.

This wasn't a game. This wasn't another one of their pretend fantasizing daydream games of Heroes VS Villains where the heroes guarantee won everytime, this was the real deal. These villains were very real and very capable of outright killing them on the spot.