Chapter 4: Spencers Birthday

I woke and ran to my best friends room. I forgot to knock and walked in. Luckily he had pants on.

"You forget to knock?" He asked me.

"I've seen you shirtless a hundred times. Happy birthday Spence, " I said and hugged my best friend.

"Thank you," he said hugging me back.

"What's going on?" Liv asked walking by.

"Nothing," spencer said shutting the door.

"She probably thinks we are hooking up now," I said with a laugh but gave him a box.

"Better then explaining it's my birthday. You didn't have to get me anything," he said grabbing the box.

He opened it up to see to flashdrives.

"The first one is videos and pictures from you playing at Crenshaw. The second is videos and pictures so far from Beverly, " I said with a proud smile.

"Your the best friend ever!" He said hugging me again.

"I know," I told him.

"I'm going to get ready. I'll see you downstairs, ight? " he said and pushed me out of his room.

I walked to my room and put on a nf hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans. I did my hair and threw on some make up. When I walked downstairs spencer was eating the yearly muffin.

"Can I have one?" Jordan asked.

"That's like asking for his first born," i said dramatically.

"Half," he said amd gave him half.

"You gave him half of your first born!" I continued dramatically.

The boys laughed at me and continued what they were doing. Olivia came down and gave me a wierd look.

"We didnt hook up," i deadpanned stadning up.

"Oh thank god," she mumbled.

Me and her looped arms and walked out as Miss Baker started planing Spencers non party.

"Can you hang out tonight?" asher asked me at school.

"Hanging with Spence since its his brithday. After that im seeing my brother," I told asher.

"Damn. Ok. See you at Spencer's not party tomorrow, " asher said making me laugh.

I felt my phone buzz and I knew it was corey.

Corey
Let me know how his birthday goes.

Pheonix
Call him.

I put my phone away and walked to my english class. The rest of the day was boring and I couldnt wait for cheer. Today is purely a tumbling day. My favorite.

My coach is having me join a gymnastics team in the off season. She thinks I could do something big with it.

After I finished practice I took the bus to get to Crenshaw.

"Happy birthday, loser," I said jumping on Spencer's back, he grabbed my legs to make sure I didnt fall.

"Hey, Nix," coop said.

I smiled at her and turned to Dillion.

"Wassup?" I asked the boy.

"Are you and my brother dating?" He asked me.

"No!" We both yelled.

Soon miss james brought out the cake. I took pictures and videos of the whole night. Once I left to go to Shawn's I texted them to corey. I always feel guilty talking to corey, but I know it's what's best. At least he knows what's going on in Spencer's life.

"Hey," I said walking into my brothers house.

"Its been a minute. I miss you," shawn said hugging me.

"Aunt Nix!" Maya yelled.

"Hey little mama," I said picking her up.

"Hows cheer?" He asked me.

"I'm really good at tumbling. We've won all of out comps. The coach is having me join gymnastics in the off season. Thinks theres something there," I told him.

"I'm so proud of you," he said.

"You being safe?" I asked.

"Yeah. Coops been helping me to," he said.

"Good. I need you bro," I said.

"Your not going to lose me."

We stayed up all night talking. The next day he drove me to the bakers for Spencer's not party.

"Bye Asshole!" I yelled.

"Aight. I see how it is. Bye bitch!" He yelled and drove off.

"Who is that?" Leila asked me.

"That's my twin," I said with a huge smile.

"Huh," she said and walked inside.

"You good, Ash?" I asked him.

"Leila keeps bringing up the Porsche," he grumbled.

"She needs to quit using that against you. Shes such a bitch," I said.

He rolled his eyes and we walked in together.

I mainly hung out with Asher and JJ. Those two are really becoming like my brothers. Leila, however, I was few more comments away from punching.

"What? So family isnt welcome!" Spencer yelled.

"I have to go," I told the boys and ran inside.

"Spence breathe," I whispered grabbing his hand.

"You dont know our history!" Coach baker yelled.

"Like the history between you and my moms!" He yelled back.

"We dated. It wasnt a big deal," grace lied.

"Then why ain't you tell me," he said and I gripped his hand tighter.

"Why ain't no one else look surprised. I'm out. Me and Pheonix have a football game to catch," Spence said dragging me with him.

By the time we got there the game was over. He was just going to find his dad. I knew he wasnt there. It was heartbreaking to see spencer know.

"Why dont he want me?" Spencer said weakly, tears falling down his face.

"Come here, Spence," I said wrapping my arms around him.

He cried into my sholder. Hard. I have never seen Spencer this broken.

"It isnt your fault," I whispered hugging him tighter.

"I must have done something," Spencer sobbed.

"It isnt your fault. Okay. I love you Spence," I said rubbing his back.

"I love you to Pheonix," he said.

Once he cried himself out we grabbed hands and walked to the bus stop.

"Want to go to the bakers house or your house?" I asked him.

"I'm halfway tempted to says Shawn's place," he mumbled.

"Your house it is. I'll stay with you," I told him.

We got home and he could barely look at grace.

"Have you spoken to corey?" She asked me softly.

"Its his brithday. Of course I have," i mumbled.

Before i went into Spences room i pulled out my phone.

Pheonix
You are killing your son, asshole

I turned my phone off and went into Spencer's room to comfort him. The night was just me listening to the boy rant. I could tell he needed it. After he fell asleep I checked my phone.

Corey
It's for the best.

No. It's really not.