Chapter 33: Stuck Point

(A/N. Question of the day, what's something you want to see in the upcoming chapters?)

"Hello Pheonix. I'm Dr. Martin. If it makes you feel more comfortable my name is Teresa."

"Hi. I'm gonna guess and say your caught up in all my drama," I told her.

"Tell me about it. The night you were shot."

"Well. Someone picked up a gun and shot it. A bullet went into my stomach and my friends sholder and now we are both fucked up. Therapist me," I said a bit sarcastically.

"Who do you blame?" She asked me.

"The person who shot me. Or better yet, the person who got me shot," I told her.

"Are you sure? With injuring like this athlete experience a stuck point. Its normally a person they blame for their situation."

"Who's mine?" I asked her.

"That's for you to find out."

Shee gave me an assignment to find my stuck point. I was sure it was Tyrone. It had to be. He got me shot. He raped me. But Teresa didnt agree. She thought it went deeper. How could I go any deeper.

I walked to the James house to check on Darnell. I've been over everyday since he found out about his mom. Hes about to leave and I'm going to him.

"Where is he?" I asked Spencer as I walked in the house.

"His room. Wont let anyone in. Can we walk?"

I hesitated but sat down. 

"I'm sorry for this summer," he told me.

"I know. But that doesnt change what happened."

"I'm fucked up. But if you said you wanted me, I'd drop Leila," he said grabbing my hand.

"And how long until you'd drop me?" I sneered and stood up.

I walked to darnells room and knocked.

"Who is it?" He asked, voice hoarse.

"Its pheonix."

"I'm a mess," he called from his room,"I don't want anyone to see me."

I slid down next to his door,"okay. But I won't let you go through this alone."

I heard him slide down on the other side,"thank you, Nix."

And then I heard him start to cry. All I could wonder is why him? Why is God doing this shit to him.

Time skip - next day

I saw a call from Spencer and declined it. What is this boy not understanding about the word no. Then my phone vibrated and I knew he texted me.

Spencer

Dont forget darnells going away party. Also he needs you at the football feild. Go comfort your boyfriend before it's too late.

I sighed but drove over there. Becuase of my therapy I was going to be late to the party. Part of me is okay with it becuase I dont want darnell to go. I understand completely why he has too, I would too, but I'm going to miss him.

I showee up at Crenshaw and saw cam sitting there. I smiled and waved at him and he waved back. Me and Cam have always been friends, even after we broke up.

"Your good hands, Nell. I'll see you around," Cam said and did a handshake with darnell.

"See around Cam. Probably when beverly is beating yalls ass, and our cheerleaders are beating yalls cheerleaders ass."

"We'll see about that, Nix," Cam said to me before heading off.

"I thought Spencer would be here," Nell sighed.

"He figured I'd be better at this," I said to him.

"You are. I just wished he showed he actually gave a damn," he sighed.

"I'm sorry," I said and laid my head on his sholder.

"Thank you for being here," darnell said and wrapped his arm around me.

"I'll always be here. Germany is one plane ticket away. I will buy a ticket and be there as soon as I can," I told him.

"Thank you."

After I got done comforting him I went to my therapy lesson. I still didnt know who my stuck point is.

"So. Got any suggestions?" I asked my therapist.

"Tell me about your family. Shawn especially," my therapist told me.

I gave her a confused look but started to talk about him. The good and the bad.

"Pheonix. I am going to ask you one very important question," teresa told me.

"Okay."

"Why were you shot that night?"

Shawn.

"He isnt my stuck point. Hes dead. And the reason I'm in gymnastics and cheer," I said getting defensive.

"You cant control this. You cant control your feelings about it. But if shawn is your stuck point you have to be able to work past it," she told me.

"Your wrong. This is a waste of time. I'm sorry you spent alot of money studying something that doesnt work," I said grabbing my things and leaving.

"Pheonix you will never heal if you dont face this!" She called after me.

"There is nothing to face," I told her.

He isnt my stuck point. He cant be. I would be a selfish bitch if he was .y stuck point.

I got in Shawn's car, the last thing I have of my twin, and started to drive to the James. As I was driving I put Preach on speaker phone and started to rant.

"Pheonix, are you sure she isnt right?" He asked me,"you love shawn. I loved him. But he put you in alot of dangerous situations."

"No. Shawn helped save me!" I yelled hitting the steering wheel.

Suddenly I heard a squealing of wheels and I felt the impact of another car hit me at a hundred miles an hour. The impact sent my car off the road and tumbling into a ditch. Halfway down the falling I blacked out.

Preachs POV

"He put you in a lot if dangerous situations,"I explained to her.

"No! Shawn helped save me!" She yelled.

I sighed, I knew this therapist was right. I hate this for her but she needs to face it.

Then I heard it. The squealing of brakes and then a sickening crunch of metal. It's a sound I would never get out of my head. Then a heard thumping and glass shattering and I found that I was screamed.

"Pheonix! Pheonix are you okay! Please answer me! God I just got you back please be okay!"

And I heard nothing.