"Hello?" I hear her voice, i didn't think she was actually going to respond to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask trying to make conversation, the background of the phone call sounds really loud.

"Layla, are you coming babe?" I hear a male voice in the background, my heart drops at some other man calling her babe. "I gotta go Shawn, bye" She ends the call before i can say anything.

Did Layla have a boyfriend?

Is this why she's been so distant with me this past month?

Is it that fucking Matthew or is that Noah that she's been tagging in most of her snapchats?

I feel like flying to New York just to see for myself if she really is with someone else, i really thought that it was going to me and Layla in the end, nobody else mattered just her.

The driver stops outside the hotel and i spot Anna outside straight away, i smile at how good she looks tonight.

"Thanks mate" I say to the driver, i get out of the car and i walk over to Anna. "Hello stranger" I chuckle and she smiles at me.

"Shawn, I've missed you" She says as she hugs me, i hug her back quickly before someone takes a photo.

"Where are we walking?" I ask curiously, i stare at her waiting for a response.

"Well i lived here for like two years before my family moved to Orlando, there was this place called Mike's ice cream we could walk there it's only like a twenty minute walk?" She shrugs her shoulders, i nod my head and she leads the way.

"How come you moved to Orlando?" I ask, she frowns slightly at my question and i worry that I've made her sad.

"We moved here to be closer to my grandparents, but they passed away and my mom couldn't handle living here without them so we moved to Orlando and that's basically where my career started" She explains to me, i put my arm around her trying comfort her.

"I'm sorry i didn't mean to-"

"Honestly it's fine" She cuts me off and i nod my head, i remove my arm once i see a few people starting to take photos. "Don't you ever wish you weren't in the public eye for just like an hour?" She asks.

"Yeah" I trail off. "Don't get me wrong i love my job and i wouldn't trade it for anything, i have the most amazing fans but sometimes i do think about life without paparazzi and TMZ and all that" I answer her question, she nods her head understanding.

"Speaking of tmz, if i seen you with a girl with dark brown hair a lot" She smirks at me waiting for me to spill the gossip, i shrug my shoulders. "Tell me about her" She rolls her eyes at me.

"Nothing much to say, I've known her for a really long time she's my bestfriends sister we had a little thing and then i left for years, i came back she had a boyfriend they broke, we had a little thing again mainly sex and then i left" I reply bluntly, she shakes her head at me knowing I'm not telling the full story. "Then she moved to New York and i was in New York for a break and i saw her and tried to be with her and she basically rejected me" I add.

"Someone rejected Shawn Mendes?" She fake gasps, i smirk at her nudge her arm.

"Before i left i asked for her to wait for me, she said no but she also said something about she doesn't see herself getting into a relationship" I say, i frown slightly remembering someone calling her babe.

"That's good then, you still have your shot" She tells me and i shake my head.

"She's been distant with me this last month and i called her earlier and someone in the background was calling her babe" I sigh, she leans her head on me.