Lost and Found

Hi everyone!

Just a quick message- I've made sure this chapter is extra long for all you who have sent me lovely messages and left your supportive comments for this story! I hope you enjoy :)

—-

Michael was completely smug as he sauntered into the house that evening after dropping Sarah off home. Sarah had kissed him on her door step, she had told him that she really liked him and hoped that he had felt the same way. Everything was looking up for Michael since his passionate hunt for Lily's affection and her subsequently turning him down.

It was late and the only two people sat at the table where Polly and Tommy. They had been in mid discussion when he sauntered in and dropped off his coat.

Tommy side eyed him as he kissed his mums cheek and took a seat.

"We found Lily" he said, aiming the conversation at his mum knowing that it would irk Tommy.

"Where?" He demanded, the hairs standing up on his arms.

Polly looked between the both of them and with her eyes demanded that Michael play no games. Tommy wasn't in the mood to play anymore games.

"Tommy she doesn't want to see you. I tried to talk to her but she wouldn't have it" Michael said as he leaned back into his chair "Can't blame her though can you?" He scowled "What you said? There was no need"

"Michael" Polly warned sensing Tommy was on the edge of his anger and Michael wouldn't survive it.

"Just tell me where the fuck she is Michael" Tommy hissed as he stubbed his cigarette out into the ash tray and leaned forward, daring Michael to push him further. Tommy was sick of his smug face and would love to cut it.

Knowing he wouldn't win Michael gave in "She's staying at The Heathman Hotel under her real name this time....be warned Tommy she had paid the hotel security extra not to let you in"

Tommy smirked, she was going out of her way to ensure that he couldn't get to her but it also meant she expected him to find her.

A kitten finding its claws

"How was she?" Polly asked as she ignored Tommy.

"She'a fine mum" Michael said as he took a glass from the table and began pouring himself a drink.

—-

Two nights. Two fucking nights she had been away from Small Heath, away from him. God, he deserved the anger he was burning in now, he knew it but it didn't make it any easier.

The pain in his chest wasn't sufferance enough so he decided to sink himself into a bottle of whiskey in hopes that for a few hours he could sleep. Even though he knew where she was it didn't make a difference to how he felt. Lily had gone to extremes to get away from him.

Lily was hurt. Tommy had been the one to cause her further pain. As he kicked off his shoes and sat on his bed he looked at the pillow that she had once lay on; remembered her hair splayed across like a halo as she slept.

Ripping off his shirt he flung it across the room and laid back. Everything had been easier when he had closed his heart off to the world. It was simple. It was business and business only.

Now his dreams where haunted by her, by her lips against his, her hands on his chest and all the moments he couldn't open his mouth. Trapped in a continuous loop.

When Michael had told him that she had been found he fought the urge to go to her straight away, now he was regretting it.

Was she asleep? Was she thinking about him? Had she left the hotel and headed back to Warwickshire.