Kill Me

As Lily sat on the floor with paper surrounding her she wondered how she could of missed it. It was clear on the paperwork that police officer had a wife. Lily had been completely naive to think that Heather Roberts had nothing to do with it all. The realisation hit her like a train, Mrs Roberts was probably the one securing the children before they could be moved, using her maternal power to subdue them.

Once the shock wore off Lily began to find a pain build in her stomach and knew it was anger bubbling, threatening to overflow. This was a feeling she was so use to pushing down that she almost forgot what it was. Flinging a file across the room she pushed herself up on the bed and let out a loud sigh.

"Anger is not very becoming of a young lady" she heard ringing in her head, her 'adoptive' father peering over her after she had thrown the board game across the floor. As Lily looked up at him she swallowed hard and began picking up the pieces, to avoid further confrontation.

Breaking her from her reverie was a small knock at the door, she paused for a second when she realised it was late and night and silently cursed herself. Had she woken someone up with her outburst?

Quickly getting up and opening the door she was met with Tommy's hard stare. Not bothering to wait he pushed passed and surveyed his small room which was covered in her paperwork. Lily blushed, closing the door and quickly pulling files up off the floor.

"What are you doing throwing shit at three in the morning?" he hissed into the darkened room.

Lily sighed "Sorry, I was frustrated with this" and she scooped up a file at his feet and stood up, his face staring down into hers. Lily was suddenly aware of how alluring he was and she wondered what it would be like to touch his face. Gently she began to take a step back, suddenly feeling warm under his hard stare.

"Find anything?" he asked as he watched her place the files back in the box.

"Just that Mrs Roberts was under my nose the whole time" and he saw how angry she was at herself and then how quickly she replaced the look. "It's just hard to fathom that women would be involved in this. We're supposed to be maternal and loving"

Tommy nodded "Men and women are equal Miss Adler. That means we're both very capable of evil things"

Lily heard the subtle warning and wondered what evil things Tommy had done in his life and then chided herself. Of course Tommy had done bad things, she had read all about him and his need for power, this would of come with a lot of hurdles.

"What will you do with her when you find her?" Lily asked as she took a seat on Tommy's bed.

Tommy watched as she crossed her legs and looked up at him with her big wondering eyes. Even illuminated with candle light he could see the blue fleck in her green eyes and the way her lips pouted when she asked for information.

"We'll kill her" and he put his head back and sighed. This was beginning to weigh him down and he wondered why the woman in front of him had to keep asking this question.

"Of course...." she mumbled to herself

"You should go to sleep" Tommy said as he turned to leave.

"Wait!" she whispered as she jumped up "I need to see my lawyer tomorrow. I have to hand back in some paperwork. I'll need my car"

Tommy turned back and realised just how close she was, he could smell the sweet scent of her perfume.

"I'll take you. Just be downstairs at eight" and without another word he left her alone and closed the door behind him.

----

Lily had managed four hours sleep once Tommy had left and even then she had nightmares of guns, blood and dead bodies. After the second time of waking up with a shock she decided to get ready and wait for Tommy at the kitchen table.