Broken

Angst (probably). My friend said it was really sad fanfic.
Edit: I fixed fix mistakes I found while reading it out loud to another friend
Word Count: 2139

You had just gotten back with the team from another case. It was pretty late so you all were going to go home soon. Only problem was there was no way you were going back to your apartment tonight.

Before the case, you and your boyfriend, Spencer Reid, broke up. You guys lived together but since you moved in with him that meant you had to move out.

You did a little bit of paperwork before deciding to stop. You were exhausted and you had nowhere to go. None of your family lived nearby and outside of work, you didn't really have any friends you could just call up in the middle of the night.

You went to Garcia's office. She was about to leave.

You said, "Hey Garcia"

"What's up?" she asked.

"Can I stay at your apartment tonight?"

"Yeah, of course. Care to tell me why you're not spending the night with Reid though?"

You told her, "I'll tell you later once we get there. Sorry about the short notice though"

Garcia grabbed her keys, "It's fine. Let's go"

You and Garcia left. You took your go bag with you. It still had some clean clothes in it. You walked over the steps where Garcia got shot and went into her apartment building.

You entered her apartment, "Thanks again, Garcia"

She said, "No problem, now you're going to tell me why you're not going back to your apartment with pretty boy"

"We broke up, right before the case. Like I just said I guess we're over when Hotch called"

"Oh honey, why did you two break up? I was shipping you so hard"

"We had a talk about our future and we didn't agree"

"You didn't agree about what?" asked Garcia.

You replied, "He wants kids. I don't. Simple as that"

Garcia was shocked by your answer, "You don't want kids?"

"Why are people so shocked when I say that? Kids are gross and needy and I don't like kids! And pregnancy is just terrifying"

"Remind me to never have you babysit when I have kids. Now you need some ice cream. It's a good thing I have some. I hope you like cookies and cream"

"Who doesn't? Anyways, now I have to find an apartment and move. This breakup's going to be a pain in the ass" you remarked.

Garcia got ice cream ready for the both of you. You two talked some more about the breakup. You walked her through it. How he reacted when you said you don't want kids and how he didn't understand that how you don't like kids. How you were glad when Hotch called you about the case.

After ice cream, you and Garcia went to sleep. She slept on her bed and you slept on her couch. It wasn't the most comfortable but it was better than the floor.

The next morning, you and Garcia were leaving when you realized there was an apartment for rent available.

Garcia exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, Y/n. We could be neighbors! Come on, let's take a quick look"

You said, "But shouldn't we-"

"Please"

Unable to say no, you agrees to it. You and Garcia were able to take a quick look at it. It was a nice apartment, one room and one bath. You asked about the rent and it was in your price range. Before you knew it, you were signing a lease and late for work.