"Where's Xavier?" I called out to no one in particular. He's the only one I care to speak to today. Well him and maybe Thomas. A shadow falls over me and I look up to see Ethan smirking down on me. "I think he went for a run. He should be back soon." I pursed my lips in irritation and Ethan's brows furrowed in confusion. "You okay L'il Bit?" He leans down and I glare at him from behind my shades. He is so lucky he can't see the daggers I'm shooting at him at this moment. I know my eyes are what make my current facial expression very dangerous. It is a cross between 'Are you fucking retarded?' and "You need to back the fuck up out of my face!" Perhaps he feels the rage as it radiates off of me because he slowly backs off without another word. Yeah, good call dipshit. I lay there and listen to the boys behind me and start to bounce my knees as my agitation climbs. Deciding to work it off I dived into the water and started swimming laps. I don't know how many I do or how long I'm doing them. By the time I stop I am winded and my arms and legs are screaming in protest.

A little after 1pm I am in the kitchen making a sandwich when Xavi finally strolls through the door. "Where have you been bro? I've been looking for your ass since this morning." He throws his keys on the breakfast bar and plops onto one of the stools. "Just thought I'd make your day," I say, passing him my phone. I turn away to put the lunch meat back in the crisper drawer. He unlocks it and scrolls through the open text message. "That's what I'm talkin' about!" I shake my head, laughing at his stupid ass. "I figured you'd be excited." He came around the counter with a high five before picking me up in a tight bear hug. "Ouch! Damn it Xavi, you know I hate that," I say as I scowl at him. "Sorry Kit, just a celebratory hug." He hands me back my phone. "Whatever."

I'm leaving the kitchen with my sandwich in my mouth when I hear Ethan's voice. "What are we celebrating, man? He leans against the counter, eyeing Xavi expectantly. "KitKat got herself some man candy lined up for tonight," Xavi announces exuberantly. I turned around in time to see Ethan's face freeze. His eyes lock on mine with a brief look of regret that he quickly covers with a cocky and carefree smile. I pivot around and continue outside onto the patio. I'm not even going to give it or him another thought. Looking at my phone I scroll to my contacts to get Tasha's number. I could use a minor distraction.

David walks up just as my finger is hovering over the dial button. "Hey," he whispers looking back over his shoulder, "what's going on?" Before I could respond, Xavi and Ethan came out the backdoor together laughing. I instantly stiffen, my expression going hard. "Why don't you ask your friend over there what's going on," I snapped. I move to go around him with the intention of going back to my room. David gently grabs my wrist to stop me. Xavi and Ethan are still laughing and fully absorbed in their conversation. "Because Katya..... I'm asking you. What's going on baby?" His voice is barely audible but full of emotion. For a moment I get the urge to cry. Then Ethan's carefree and smiling face comes into my view. I swear I felt my heart harden in my chest. I'd be damned if I'd shed another tear over this. Sensing a change in body chemistry, David steps back. He looks from me to Ethan and back again. "What did he do?" David's voice was gruff and clearly unhappy. "It's more a matter of what he won't do. I don't want to talk about it right now, okay?" I pull my wrist away and continue the walk to my room. I lock the patio doors behind me and even close my curtains.

I spent the next few hours laying around doing nothing. As the hours tick by I realize it's time to get myself ready for this pseudo-date. Deciding not to overdo it, I dressed in a pair of jeans and a light sweater cropped top. We said the date was casual but I still want to look hot. I put on makeup but don't go too dark. At the last minute I decided to throw some curls in my hair. I'm just brushing them out when my brother bangs on my bedroom door. "Hey Kit, you've got company." I take one last look in the mirror. I really don't want to do this. "I'll be right out." I'm still so mad at Ethan that I could strangle him. Walking into the living room I see David and Ethan sitting on the couch. Xavi is standing talking to Gage. David is glaring at Ethan, obviously pissed off. Ethan is chatting along with Xavi and Gage and oblivious to the anger emanating off of David. "Hi there stranger," I smile as I walk up behind Gage. All eyes look my way and Gage turns to me and pulls me into a hug. "Wow, I gotta say, even in just a pair of jeans you look amazing." I blush as I look him up and down. In his light colored jeans and black t-shirt that hugged every muscle he was delicious to the eye. "Well you clean up pretty good yourself." David is still staring at Ethan and his face is beginning to turn red. Ethan almost looks sad for a second before pasting on that smile of indifference. I don't have time for this bullshit.