Chapter 5 The Game

Bella's POV

I just could NOT believe it. Fate was so unfair. We had to play against the Cullens. Could this get any worse ? I groaned mentally. I bit my lip. It was my habit. The Gym teacher blew the whistle. The game had to get started.

I looked around to and saw the Cullens. All of them were looking at each other but the always frustrated one was particularly staring at us. Nope. Not us. Me.

I couldn't take this anymore. I couldn't just ignore him all the time. I glared back at him. And then stared away abruptly. One thing I learnt about him was that he got angry easily if he couldn't hear what other's were talking about.

I leaned to Nick and said to him in a voice which only he and Laura could hear.

"What's the problem with the Cullens? They keep staring at us like as if im an alien from outer-space." I purposefully looked at them, especially Edward, while saying all this. i said it in human speed for it to be more irritating.

"You know, he is really just staring at you. I guess because you are the only single one in our group. I mean Jade is too but you are prettier then her. Who wouldn't fall for you ? Seriously, I fell for you the minute I saw you. You remember don't you?" replied Nick.

"Hahaha, I don't think she really needs to remember anything." said Laura.

"Im just explaining to her why she needs to remember..." continued Nick.

"I said she doesn't need to remember anything." said Laura in a harsh voice and gritted teeth.

"Laura, you have some jealousy issue. I would never think of going out with Nick just cos he "sweet-talks" with me. I am not that dumb" I said.

Laura smiled with satisfaction while Nick just said "Hey ! That hurt."

Kimmy walked towards us and she asked us if we had seen Brendon anywhere. And we replied in unison " Probably busy freezing someone." Brendon loved his power. A lot. And by a lot, I mean major.

Kimmy looked irritated. The sight was too funny. So funny that Nick, Laura and Me burst out laughing.

In all the laughing, I left up my shield around the others. Kimmy got her chance and electified Nick and then Laura. She electrified Laura for less than a mili-second in which I pulled up my sheild and protected everyone.

I glared at her. How could she do this ? To her own family members in public ? Did she know how dangerous it was and could led to people finding out about or supernatural powers?

"It wasn't funny." she said in a voice we normally only used to our enemies. Geez, what got into her ?

"And neither was you exposing of your powers like that. In public." a voice all-to-familiar came from behind her. Jade.

"Uh-oh. Nick, are you alright? " said Laura.

"Yeah...I'm...fine." swallowed Nick. He recovered soon enough though. He got the shock for 3 whole seconds.

"Jade. I -" started Kimmy.

The coach blew his whistle again. Gesturing at the other's who had started playing while we, us and the cullens, were still in our own conversations.

" I will deal with you later" Jade said, eyeing Kimmy.

"How can you be so inconsiderate?" I spoke up.

"At least you belive me Bella, I didn't do it on purpose. I jst..suddenly had the rage to just electrify them. You know I have never had such a temper but just now was different. It was like...I'm not me. I knw you guys were joing and my face looks weird when I'm concerned about Brendon, but I would NEVER hurt you guys just because of a simple joke." she explained to me all in one breath. Wow, I could see that she was desperately trying to make me belive her.

"She is saying the truth." Suddenly Nick turned up next to me. How could he -?  Oh. When I wasn't paying attention or I wasn't trying desperately I will eccidentally lift my shiled up. No wonder he could tell if she was lying or not. I put my sheild back up.

Hmmm, so Kimmy didn't mean it. But how ? She has full control of her temper. I sensed something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

I looked up and saw...waht was his name? Oh yeah...Jasper. He was smirking while Alice was staring at him. He was smirking at..I followed his gaze to...Kimmy. Wait, Kimmy ???

He HAD to do something about Kimmy losing her temper. I saw Alice staring at him with a dissapointed look. But he wasn't the least bothered. Stone- hearted. Oh wait, I forgot. We all are.

I caught Edward looking at me. Once I caught his eye, he looked away. Embarrassed. Wow. We started the game of basketball.

I became the defender. Standing near our opponent's basket not letting the ball shoot into it. And the opponent who was at the basket was the tall and handsome Edward. I stood right in front of him. Guarding the ball from falling in his hands.

I was feeling oddly uncomfortable. I could sense him staring at me and my every movement. Why was he doing that ? Wasn't his eyes supposed to be on the ball?

The ball came towards me. I was ready to catch it but Edward was faster. I turned around and glared at him with my bright golden eyes. He looked at me as well. His grip on the bal loosened. I grabbed at that chance and caught the ball. Dribbling it all the way arond Rosalie, I almost lost it to Emmett but I was surprisingly stronger thant hat BIG vampire.

And we SCORED ! I smacked my hands with all of my team members. We all laughed whole-heartedly. [sorry about my lack of grammar...TeeHee....] I didn't realised that this one game took so long. I guess I was too busy figuring out why Edward was staring at me like that.

I laughed at that thought. I must have been so stupid feeling uncomfortable. Maybe he was keeping an eye on the ball and I kept thinking that he was staring at me. All that matters is that we still won. Even Kimmy and Jade seemed to be in a good mood.

The bell rang. History time. And I had a feeling that we were not going to be the only vampires in History class......

WRITER'S NOTE ~ I'm in a hurry so going to keep a short and sweet writer's note. Please tell me which stories you want me to work on. I was just chatting with Noulenev and she said she loved my stories so this is going to be dedicated to her to show her my sppreciation towards her. Thank you all so much for fanning, voting and commenting. Please do not forget to VFC on this story as well as What Happened ? People are telling me that my story What Happened? is similar to another book. But I am seriously saying that I have NEVER read any book relating to that so this is orginally my own idea. Sorry, my sister's idea so please stop sending me messages and clear the doub ttha tI have cpoied the idea and copyrighted. Thank you. BTW, sorry for all the mistakes in this story. Toldya I am in a hurry.