Chapter Eight

Hey guys!

Here's a chapter to start out the new year, and I hope you enjoy it!

Not edited**

***********

Ring! Ring!

I groaned, rolling over onto my side and grabbing my cell phone.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"Are you still sleeping? We have an appointment in fourty five minutes!"

I recognized the voice as Max and I slowly sat up. "Damn, I forgot.."

"Figures," Max muttered, and then sighed. "Well get up, I'll be there in a half an hour."

I hung up, setting my phone back on the bedside table.

I grabbed my glasses off of the table also and slid them over my eyes, making my vision more clear before I got out of bed.

I just passed my fourteen weeks mark and I was supposed to have an appointment on Saturday, but my doctor had an emergency c-section and so we had to reschedule for the 23rd of December, which is today.

And as you can see, I totally forgot.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a pair of yoga pants out, along with a tank top and my mint colored sweatshirt from Victoria Secret.

Walking into my bathroom, I put my hair up in a messy bun and decided to just keep my glasses on, knowing I was running short on time.

Slipping into my coat and grabbing my phone and mittens, I walked slowly down the stairs, trying not to trip. I'm a cheerleader and when I'm cheering, I'm coordinated, but running down stairs, well let's just say stairs aren't my biggest fan.

As I walked into the dining room, my father and my brother were sitting at the table, talking about Zach's basketball team and the season so far.

They stopped talking when they saw me enter the room.

My dad and I still weren't on speaking terms, it was pretty bad. He just can't seem to wrap his head around the fact that I am pregnant, but I don't blame him... I barely can myself.

He practically jumps up at the phone calls he gets from the hospital, asking if he will take up extra shifts.

As for my mom, they had completely opposite opinions on things.

Zach and I, well things were just awkward between us right now. We've both done something's that can't be taken back and even though he is my brother, we can't just forget about those things.

"Where are you headed, Charlotte?" My father asked, eyeing my appearance.

I pointed my thumb towards the door and awkwardly answered him. "I, uhm, have a doctor's appointment."

My dad just nodded at me and turned back to Zach, continuing their conversation.

I sighed, wondering if things were ever going to go back to normal with my dad.

I stood by the front door, watching for Max. When his car pulled up, I exited my warm house into the cold air of Minnesota. I hopped into the passenger seat and when I was buckled in, Max backed out of my driveway.

Max glanced at me in the corner of his eye. "You wear glasses?"

I raised my eyebrows and nodded slowly. "Yes.. I find it funny that you didn't know that and you've been coming to my house since we were in diapers."

Our Little MiracleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara