Chapter V

Chapter Five

"Anna, Gwen, Alice! Get up! Come on! Breakfast is on the table!" Mom calls as she goes back down the steps.

I finish by smearing on some lip gloss, and putting hair spray in my hair.

Picking up the perfume bottle I got from my grandma, I spray it and walk through. It smells like vanilla.

I head down the staircase, and eat my bacon and eggs for breakfast. Anna and Alice come down ten minutes later.

Mom shoves the plate at Anna, "I'm not hungry."

Then Mom looks to Alice, "I'm not hungry," she copies.

"Suit yourselves!" Mom's mad, she probably won't even make breakfast tomorrow.

Now it's time for some payback, with some extra dessert. Hmm

"So, Alice," I start, "how was the party last night?" Mom will never hear a word until you say boys, party, beer, or sex.

"What? Alice, baby, you went to a party, last night?"

Alice's expression is mortified, she glares at me, "I went out with some friends, I don't know if I'd call it a party though."

Mom is glowering at Alice, "Was there beer?"

"Mom?!" Alice scoffs, but looks away.

The thought of beer makes me want to throw breakfast up, especially after the dream last night.

"Alice Henrietta Greene! You get up to your room! We need to talk before you go to school, I'll drive you!"

Alice moans, and stomps up the staircase.

"I'm not a baby!" she cries.

Anna laughs, "Thank God, Mom! You got rid of my stalker for this morning!" Anna walks out to the car, and I follow closely behind.

"Anna!"

"What do you want, creeper? I have to go!"

I smile sweetly. "Can I have a ride? It's a million degrees out, it's hotter than yesterday!"

"You just sold your own sister out," she says, "plus, you made a fool of me last night. So you'll be walking!" She gets in the car, locks the doors, and drives off.

"I hate you!" I scream after her car.

Starting the long trek without a water bottle was stupid. The tight jean shorts are suffocating my thighs, and the tank top is like a corset.

'Why didn't I buy more comfortable clothes over the summer?!' I remind myself, 'Oh yea, that was before'.

Five minutes into my walk, two Harleys drive by they both stop about a hundred yards down.

I walk my usual pace, and they both wait. "Hey, do you want a ride today," the voice asks.

I look down at my sweat soaked body, "I don't think you want a ride with this,"

he looks me up and down.

"I've seen worse."

I roll my eyes, and step forward, "Okay."

Finn takes off his helmet, and his hair is sticking up everywhere. "Put this on, okay?"

I nod, sliding the helmet on, he helps me onto the bike. "Where do I put my hands?" I look around for handles.

Finn looks away awkwardly, Aaron pipes up from the other bike, "Chick, you put your hands on his waist. Why do you think he asked you if you wanted to ride?" I glare at him, ready to tell him my name, but Finn beats me too it, "Her name is Gwen, but you can call her princess."