Chapter 3

Rachel

Travis drove his new black, luxury BMW to the party with Rachel in his passenger seat. They followed the bends in the road that swerved along the rising hillside. Tony's parents lived on the outskirts of town in a ranch-style mansion with multiple acres of open land. The access road was a narrow with shape bends that were dangerous even under ideal circumstances.

They hadn't spoken very much on the drive up. Rachel scrolled through text messages on her phone. Her red skirt was skin-tight, hugging every curve of her petite frame, riding high on her thighs as she crossed her legs.

The visible flesh of her thigh distracted Travis practically to the point of almost swerving off the road.

"What are you looking at?" She said in a suggestive tone.

"Your skirt's a little tight don't you think? Your clothes look like they're painted on," he replied.

"Gee thanks!" She said sarcastically then turned away annoyed. "You know I don't even want to go to this stupid fucking jock party in the first place."

"That's just great—then why did you come?" Travis snapped back. "Is it so I can babysit you all night instead of having a good time?"

Rachel, as a sophomore, felt privileged to be dating a senior of Travis' social status. When her friends initially found out that they were dating, she could see the jealousy in their eyes. This gave her a feeling of superiority that she relished.

"Why are you being such an asshole to me right now? I only wore this dress for you," she said in a whiney tone.

"We've been over this," he said.

"Well explain it to me again, because it's a little strange to me that the only guy in the entire school who doesn't want to fuck me just happens to be my boyfriend."

"It's not that I don't want to..."

"Really, you could've fooled me."

"I told you that it's a sin."

"Ha! A sin? Yeah right, you know what I think? I think you would rather fuck Tony or one of your other football buddies... I think you prefer dick, ha!"

"You're being really annoying right now," he said.

"Come on baby," she said with a mock, masculine tone to her voice "Is this what you like?" she leaned forward and began to rub his thigh... "Do you want my cock in your mouth?"

"Get the hell off me," He forced her back with one hand. "I can't deal with this shit tonight. It's getting old real fast."

"I'm just fucking kidding, God you're so serious all the time," she whined again trying to appear cute.

They came around the bend and pulled up into Tony's parent's driveway.

"Ok, get out," Travis said coldly.

"What—aren't you coming in too?" Rachel replied sounding worried.

"Nope, I really don't feel like it anymore."

"Well Jesus Christ Travis... I came all the way out here for you, now you're just gonna ditch me. How fuck am I supposed to get home?"

"Don't care. Out—Now." he commanded then reached over her and opened the passenger door.

"Don't be such an asshole, these are your friends—not mine."

He grabbed her arm and forced her out.

"Fucking fuck off!" She yelled yanking her arm back. "I said I was sorry... what more do you —"

He slammed the door and sped away kicking up a cloud of dust from the gravel road.