Self-Harm Chandler x Reader~Beyond The Lights

{Requested by: valerielikesbands }

"Attention, the convention center will be closing in 30 minutes." You heard a deep, monotoned voice announce on the intercom overhead.

Youheld your poster gently in your hands as you peeked around the small line of girls that were standing in front of you, growing more with anticipation as one by one, they stepped away from the booth, squealing quietly to themselves and clutching a signed photograph tightly against their chests. While you patiently waited, you looked behind you to see no one; making you grow increasingly with happiness because this would allow you more time to visit with him. You felt as if you were going to explode with excitement when you saw only three girls standing between you and your celebrity crush; Chandler Riggs.

You had been infatuated with Chandler ever since you first watched The Walking Dead; your favorite show on television. You instantly fell head over heels for his troublemaking character, Carl Grimes, which he portrayed to the utmost extent. Every Sunday night, you would seclude yourself in your bedroom and watch the new episode. You had been doing this since Halloween of 2010; never once had you missed a premiere.Your slight obsession with Chandler had eventually lead you to San Diego; where you had been standing in line for three hours to meet him.

Overall, you were beaming with excitement and happiness, but some part of you was terrified. You were finally meeting him, your longtime dream was about to come true, but yet, you were scared. In the back of your mind, you feared that something would happen that would prevent your interaction, but you began to ignore the anxiety when another girl stepped out of line.

You grew more antsy as the minutes passed, the only form of mental relief you found was in rapidly tapping your fingers against the thick paper, which you eventually had to stop in fear that you might tear it. All the while, you couldn't take your eyes off of Chandler. He wore a light blue T-shirt under a grey flannel, which went perfectly with his worn blue jeans. His dark brown locks hung just above his baby-blue eyes, which were looking your way. Your heart began to race as another girl stepped out of line, sending you three steps closer to the booth.

"This is it!" You thought to yourself. "I'm finally going to meet him! This is really happening!"

You could practically feel time dragging on as the brunette in front of you conversed further with Chandler. You could tell that he honestly loved doing this; listening to their questions and answering them to the best of his knowledge. He treasured those intimate moments with them. Lived for them, you could say.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she stepped out of line, waving to him as she walked back out the main convention hall; quickly disappearing into the large crowd of people which was swarming inside.

You felt your heart begin to race as you took a few steps forward, only to stop mere inches from the table. As soon as you stopped, you could tell something was...different about Chandler. His features still held their iconic smile and his posture wasn't off, but something didn't seem right with his eyes.

Usually, they would light up at the sight of a devoted fan, eager to answer any questions and take a few photos, but today, his bleak, near vacant orbs were dull. Like something had upset him in such a way that it physically took a toll on him.

"Hey there." Chandler smiled, hesitantly placing his arms down on the table and leaning towards you. "So what's your name?"

You completely froze. Out of shock, fear, and a sudden realization that you were face to face with the boy you had idolized most of your life. What were you supposed to say? You knew what you wanted to say; you had been preparing for this moment for a good five years, but the words just wouldn't come to mind.