REVIEW 25💫

BOOKTITLE : A little harmony.

REVIEWER : ruh_says

AUTHOR: SkullantacySmith

GENRE: Romance.

COVER : 9.5/10

I cherish the colour scheme of the Book cover. It's dainty and pleasing. The fantastic selection of the background image as it perfectly blends with the storyline. One thing you could change is the shade of the font too little darker to make it stand out.
Other than that, the cover is beautiful.

TITLE: 10/10

The title appears ideal for the two people fighting their own battles yet finding A little Harmony with each other. The noteworthy work is done with this title.

BLURB: 10/10

The blurb is as good as flawless. I did not find influential grammatical errors.

PAGE LAYOUT: 9/10 paragraphs, spacing, lines, order of sequence, neatness)

Initial chapters are short, whereas after a few chapters’ lengths crosses the average length. Try to keep them uniform. Paragraphs and sequence are simply fine and neat as well.

GRAMMAR/ VOCABULARY/ SPELLING: 8/10

Your writing style is simple and effortlessly readable. There are few grammatical errors like misguided pronouns, missing punctuations and articles.
Your descriptions are genuine, but they are frequently about the surrounding and environment and side-kicking the story at some points try to depreciate the unnecessary content.
Some of the sentences resemble to be recurrent. For instance, I waited for Zara to wake up as I always did. This time I had a plan, though. I would not be waiting for her to come out of hiding. No, I would confront her.
In the above sentence, there is too much use to ‘I’ I recommend to re-phrase it into something like this.
Like always, I was waiting for Zara to wake up, but this time with a plan. I contemplated not to wait for her to come out of hiding instead to confront her myself.
There are few words like beamed, smiled were overused. Maybe try using distinctive speech tags. Even dodge using ‘very’ too much. It doesn't change the meaning or intensity of a sentence.
And that’s about it.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 7/10

Character development is notably essential to hook the readers and your story did well at some point. I adore how music bond together, Will and Zara. Despite their struggles, they appear content with each other. I loved that part the most.
But somewhere, I found that significant and captivating scenes were minced off.
For instance, their band performance should be more about music and audience, but it seemed like it was plainly about Zara as she was too nervous and earned Will’s complete attention.
Even when something immoral happened to Will’s mother, it would have been great if described the drama in indirect speech. Supposedly, Will saw the wicked deed through a slightly opened door, or he depressingly heard everything but couldn’t gather the courage to interrupt, and he later felt guilty about his behaviour something like that would sound more promising.

COMMUNICATION WITH READERS: 5/5

Despite a few comments in the section, you seem attentive to your readers. I admire that.

GENERAL SATISFACTION (pleasure derived from reading, intriguing?) 12/15

I adore Will’s characters. He seems sweet and understanding, whereas Zara appears a barred person. Notwithstanding their natures, I like how they willing to share a little friendship without intruding each other's past.
I approved that even after an abusive father, Will aim to make sure about Zara’s safety. It’s heart-warming. On the other hand, Zara is a wonderful person too, although she is dealing with her horrifying past she makes herself present for him.
I loved the light romance between them, truly it is so worth it. No strong confession yet it’s so beautiful.
The only thing I feel lacks is the confabulations between the two of them. Sometimes, a few episodes appear more beautiful indirect speech instead of indirect.

TOTAL: 70.5/80

MESSAGE FROM REVIEWER:

I hope this helps you. Any query let me know in the comment section.

THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR WORK FOR REVIEW. WE WISH YOUR WORK MORE SUCCESS -TSC.