REVIEW 17💫

BOOKTITLE : Let me love you.

REVIEWER : ruh_says

AUTHOR : HeraScribbles

GENRE: Chicklit

COVER: 9/10

I like the book cover. It’s background picture is vivid and adorably romantic even the font appears decent too. Good job there!

TITLE:  10/10

As the story says about two troubled souls one scared of falling in love and another desires to love and care. The title fantastically suits the story.

BLURB: 8/10

The blurb is enticing and would definitely ache finger of readers to tap read. But there are few grammatical errors like capitalise the first letter after period and articles and a bit work on phrasing sentences.  

PAGE LAYOUT (paragraphs, spacing, lines, order of sequence, neatness):5/10

Chapters are moreover short though paragraphs are fine in length. The formatting and spacing is bit too congested as well. In some places, I witnessed you haven’t divided the paragraphs and dialogue properly. It looks jumbled up all together and makes it little difficult to read and understand.
Especially in 2nd chapter, conversation with Karen seems totally jumbled up. I think you should consider that to rewrite.

GRAMMAR / VOCABULARY / SPELLING  :5/10

Story has been simply written with no high-end vocabulary. You have missed space, articles and punctuations at many places. Some of the sentence formation appeared odd. But that’s still fine, rereading will help a lot.
Major issues are with Pov’s, I recommend you write in either first person or third person. Somewhere you have mentioned the pov of particular person but you have written the same in third person pov. It’s really confusing.
Some where you have capitalise the unnecessary words, for instance in chapter ‘A date to remember’ - ‘Mike nodded in Understanding’, ‘U’ is unnecessary capitalised even in the next sentence you have capitalised ‘W’ for waiter which is not necessary.
In same chapter, there’s a phrase, ‘….well, two can okay this game….’ I actually couldn’t understand what you intended there.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT : 6 /10

I found character development but in extremely unexpected way. I thought Akim was going to turn into soft and loving whereas Eva is going to be same rude and cold. But whatever happening here seems incomplete. I mean when Akim finally decides to confess what he felt for Eva, I thought finally, I will read about Akim and Eva, but story keeps on moving around Mike and Eva.
On other hand, Mike’s sudden appears seems out of the box and unusual. I would suggest if you could give some description of his background and appearance is would be helpful for readers to picture him.

COMMUNICATION WITH READERS: 3/5

Communication with readers is average. Maybe little more attention will fix this.

GENERAL SATISFACTION  (pleasure derived from reading, intriguing?): 9/15

Accordance to the blurb and prologue, I felt little disappointed, as I was expecting more of Eva and Akim disagreeing each other or clashing or fighting over after their unexpected consequence of encounter. But I found that extremely easy going. As Akim was portrayed in chapter it didn’t justify his sudden change of heart. Even Eva’s past was disclosed easily, that thing could have been a hook point of the story. Little delay in that would have been great.
Little descriptions on characters’ appearance and personal life is required.
Things I liked most in the story is relation Eva and Karen shared, it is beautiful. She is true and understanding friend.
Angelina’s honesty confession about how she still felt about Mike and the way she wanted to rebind with her lost family.

TOTAL: 55/80

MESSAGE FROM REVIEWER:

I hope this helps you. Any query let me know in the comment section.

THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR WORK FOR REVIEW, WE WISH YOUR WORK MORE SUCESS-TSC.