Chapter Two

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you home? I'm your boyfriend and that's what boyfriends do."

"Yes, I'm sure. You're going to be picking me up later for dinner anyways. I don't want to be a hassle for you."

Arthur wraps his arms around me and looks at me with a serious expression on his face.

"Hey. Don't you ever think that you're being a hassle for me. I love you and would give up anything for you."

I smile slightly. I would give up everything for him too.

"Even football?"

"Well, not football. But everything else."

We stare at one another for a few seconds longer before we both burst into laughter.

"And I though I was your everything."

"You think so highly of yourself, book nerd."

"Hey, that's mean!"

"Are you not a book nerd?"

I open my mouth to do a witty comeback but come up with nothing.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

"You know what. You just lost yourself a goodbye kiss."

I can see a look of shock cross Arthur's face.

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

I raise my eyebrows, as I'm challenging Arthur to argue with me.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry for calling you a book nerd. Can I get my kiss now?"

"Let me think about it. How about-"

I get cut off by Arthur's lips to mine. I immediately start kissing back.

"You know, I never gave you my answer."

"Your lips responded for you."

Arthur gives me his cocky smile and I walk out of his arms.

"Whatever, I need to get to class now."

Arthur grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. Our lips crash for a moment and then Arthur pulls away.

"Now bye. And by the way, you're getting so skinny. Have you been eating?"

"Yeah, I've been eating fine. I have to get to class now, love you."

Before I hear a response, I turn around and walk away. I hate lying to Arthur but he can never know the truth.

*Three years ago*

I'm looking at the ground. My cheek is stinging and tears threaten to escape my eyes.

"You stupid, fat boy. Do you know how ugly you are? No wonder you're a faggot, you couldn't find a girl to love you. Do you even know how fat you are?"

My dad is drunk again. I know that he is just taking his anger out on me.

I feel myself being shoved against a wall. Please make this be as quick and painless as possible. For some reason, I know that won't be the case.

"I'm sorry dad, I'm so-"

"I told you not to call me that! You are no son of mine!"

I can smell the alcohol on his breath and a sharp pain hits my side. I collapse onto the floor.

"Maybe with a little discipline, you'll learn how to take a punch like a man and not a scared little girl."

I can feel something continuously hitting my chest. Everything feels numb. I curl myself into a ball and all I can think about is that I'll get to see Arther later.