Chapter 2

For those of you who have read Chapter 1 before January 1, 2015, I SUGGEST AND RECOMMEND YOU TO READ CHAPTER 1 AGAIN BECAUSE I CHANGED THINGS A BIT. EXPLANATION AT THE BOTTOM OF CHAPTER 1.

RANT:

Anyway I was going to post this chapter earlier. When I was 98% done, My phone accidentally deleted it idk. IM SO FRUSTRATED RN. I LITERALLY WANNA RIP ALL MY HAIR OFF!!

Anyway enjoy.
Warning: not yet proofread! :)
-----
2

"We have already assigned designated geeks and guys to our seven cupids," Jason announced as he scrolled down the notes on his iPad."Results and Updates will be posted in our closed facebook group. CGames '13."

In an instant, most of the guys fished out their smartphones out of their pockets just as I did too. I slid my fingers across the the button that read "slide to unlock". I typed in my passcode. 1012.

I logged into my facebook account and impatiently waited for my page to load. As soon as it did, a notification popped out.

You have one notification.

Jason Reed added you to the closed group CGames'13.

I tapped on the notification and waited for the page to load.

"Hey. Didn't they use to use twitter for updates?" I turned to Chase who was seated beside me.

"Yeah. Until some chick made some fake account and Ian Williams, being the dumbfuck he is, accepted the follow request," Chase laughed.

"So what happened?" I asked curiously.

"Well. They blackmailed her so she wouldn't spill the beans," Chase chuckled. "Unfortunate. Isn't it? Although I really wouldn't mind if the Cupid Games stopped. The games are so gay but the only reason I would be up for it is the grand prize---a Lamborghini! You better win, Evans."

I laughed,"Yeah. Unfortunate it is." My gaze drifted back to my phone and I noticed that the page had finally loaded. I read the latest update that Jason had posted.

CUPID #1: Oliver Benett
Girl: Jamie Jenkins
Guy: John Walter

CUPID #2: Mason Garcia
Girl: Bernadette Miller
Guy: David Lopez

CUPID #3: Aaron Finley
Girl: Holly Nguyen
Guy: Parker Brooks

CUPID #4: Brody Collins
Girl: Kristine Davis
Guy: Jack Thompson

CUPID #5: Liam Harris
Girl: Louise Adams
Guy: Steven Garcia

CUPID #6: Thomas Cox
Girl: Samantha Thorne
Guy: Justin Barnes

CUPID #7: Xavier Evans
Girl: Paige Nelson
Guy: Matthew Dallas
Stay tuned for more updates!

I stared at my name again and again. I was wondering if this was even real. I looked down and wondered who Paige Nelson was. What did she look like? I don't know. I do know Matthew Dallas. He was a year older than I was. He auditioned for the dance team, got in, and not long after, he quit.

The Games happened every two years, a brother batch tradition. It all started in the year 2007. Peter Hughes founded the Cupid Games.
It was passed on from the eleventh graders to the ninth graders. It happened every two years to avoid any conflict with the older batch (the twelfth graders) from where the guys will be picked.

"Hey. Do you by any chance know who the hell Paige Nelson is?" I asked Chase, desperate for an answer. I didn't know who she was so it was worth a shot.