Day at the Fair

I do not own The Owl House. The rights of the show belong to Dana Terrace and Disney Channel.

Amity stood outside of the fair entrance, impatiently tapping her foot. Summoning her scroll, she growled, seeing that Luz was running very late. 'You know for a girl who is so reliable on everything else. Why can't she show up on time just once.' Amity thought. 'I'll be late. I'm sorry.' Amity reread the message before making the scroll disappear.

That was 10 minutes ago. She had promised Amity that they would go on a lovely day together. Amity loved her girlfriend, but her patience was wearing a little thin. Even thinner than usual. Moments later, she saw Luz sprinting towards her and stops just close to colliding into each other.

"Your late," Amity said angrily, crossing her arms.

"I know I'm sorry. I'm... so sorry. King lost his....stuffed bunny, and it was inside hooty. So we had to get it out of Hooty and wash the rabbit, and then I had to take a shower." Luz said, gulping big breaths of air.

Amity pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed loudly. "Why are you out of breath? Don't you have a broom to ride?" asked Amity.

"No. I'm still in the process of getting one. I'm out of breath because King decided that he was going to make potions and hit me with a potion using Eda's supplies. I spent 20 minutes getting myself de-feathered and speaking correctly." This made Amity giggle a little. "After I finally got cleaned up, I realized how late I was and ended up bolting down to meet you." She handed Amity a small box before breathing deeply.

Curiously, Amity opened the gift, and her eyes light it up. She pulled out a small dragon pin. It's sparkling eyes, and black and red body sparkled in the sunlight. Pinning it to her shirt, she gave Luz a small kiss on the lips.

"It's beautiful. Where did you get it? Said Amity, grabbing Luz's hand.

"It was at Eda's stall, so it was probably brought in from the human world." Luz said, "It matches your fiery personality. You're also studying dragons in school, so I thought it was fitting."

Amity blushed at the comment and playfully pushed her girlfriend. "Your such a dork." She wrapped Luz in a side hug. "But you're my dork. But anyway, thanks for the pin. I love it."

"Your very welcome." Luz kissed Amity cheek. "So, this is the carnival fair you keep telling me about?"

"Yeah. I came here all the time growing up." The couple walked up to the ticket counter and paid for their tickets. As they walked inside, Luz asks, "do you think they have funnel cake? Oh my gosh, I hope they do. I love that stuff."

Amity tilted her head and looked at Luz with a confused scrunched up face. She made that face whenever Luz mentioned some weird human thing or tradition. "What's funnel cake? That like some weird human thing people do?"

Luz looked at her girlfriends, scrunched up face, and realized hat she referenced the human world again. "Oh yeah, I forgot. You don't know anything about the human world. Well, allow me to explain my dear mittens. So funnel cake is a desert that is served at a lot of carnivals back in the human world. It's sweet and crunchy and is made with a pancake-like batter. They pour the batter into hot oil, before taking it out and dust it with powdered sugar."

Amity's face turned a deep shade of crimson at being called mittens. 'Why is everything she does so cute!' Amity thought, trying to cool herself down. Usually, if anybody called her mittens, especially the twins, Amity would blush and glare daggers at them before shoving past them. But somehow, Luz makes it seem cute.

Amity looked directly into Luz's eyes, trying not to get lost in them and blush even harder. "Honey, you know I love you. But I have no idea what you are talking about."