search party. 29

it's been five hours and there was no sign of gina. everyone wanted to give up, but they couldn't bring themselves to. gina's parents were desperate and heartbroken. they needed her.

"how long do you think we're gonna stay in salt lake looking for gina?" red asked the curly headed boy. ricky shrugged his shoulders and walked along the shore of the lake. the two boys were walking pretty slow, considering how ricky was on crutches.

"i don't know," ricky said and looked at his friends. no one knew what happened between nini and gina. the boy knew this also was a waste of time, but he couldn't say anything.

"you and nini are finally good?" red asked. ricky smiled and nodded his head, "jesus, finally! it felt like we losing you two for a bit."

"what?" ricky chuckled and smacked red on the back of his head, "nini and i were just going through a rough patch."

"or several... rough patches," red joked. before ricky could say anything, everyone started yelling. the two boys quickly spun around and saw everyone racing towards the docks.

"what the hell is going on?" ricky asked and tried to get there as fast as possible.

"i think they found gina."

"no way," ricky mumbled to himself.

he finally got there and saw everyone surrounding something. before he could look at anything, he saw ej fall to the floor and start sobbing as hard as he could. carlos ran into seb's arms and cried in his shoulder. ashlyn stared at the floor with tears running down her face as red and kourtney tried to console her. ricky looked for nini, but couldn't find her.

when he finally pushed himself in the circle he saw nini sitting next to gina's body. she had a blank face on and she just stared at gina's body in total shock. the girl didn't even realize ricky was standing right next to her.

"nini...." ricky softly said looking at nini for a response but she didn't move. she just sat there in the floor, trying to comprehend what's happening.

"are you sure that's my baby?" mrs. porter asked the paramedics. it was clear as day that it was gina, but she just couldn't believe it.

"yes. this is in fact gina porter," the paramedic said.

"how long has she been in that lake?! what happened?!"

"her body has been in this lake for about five months. my best guess is that gina was probably so dizzy and out of it, considering this hole on the side of her head, she probably fell in the lake and couldn't swim back up because of the amount of blood she already loss," the paramedic said.

gina's mom broke down to the floor and started to cry even harder. nini still sat there trying to comprehend everything.

"miss, we're gonna have to ask you to move," one of the paramedics said to nini. she finally snapped out of her thoughts and moved out of the way.

all eight of the teenagers stopped and stared as they zipped up gina's body and moved it into the ambulance. mrs. porter's cries were echoing throughout the lake and rang through ricky's ears.

nini stood up and made her way next to ricky, not keeping her eyes off of the ambulance, "ricky...."

"neens, it's okay."

"how could this be..?" nini said to ricky, "i.. i.. was talking to her. she was alive, ricky. she was right there.. i.. she can't be dead."

nini started to cry even harder and ricky pulled her into his arms. he felt nini sobbing into his chest and the guilt felt like it was stabbing him right in the chest.

"it's okay nini.." ricky whispered to the girl, "everything's gonna be okay."