Beginning in High Moon

Don't!

Yoonbum shot up straight in his bed, breathing heavily and looking around. He quickly got out of his bed and walked to his kitchen.

No one here. Good.

He walked to his toilet room, closing the door and sitting on the toilet. He buried his head in his hands, right leg shaking up and down.

Get it out of your head. You're on your own now, you don't live with him anymore. Yoonbum, you got this.

Yoonbum let out a deep sigh, staring up at the ceiling. Living here in this almost worn down apartment, he had high hopes and dreams. One day, he would have a house, much bigger than the homes he lived in. He hoped to have a dog and a loving partner who would respect him and cherish him for the rest of his days.

Yoonbum's childhood was something that clung onto him like a needy child. Once every two weeks, he would have dreams of his abusive uncle. His parents were never really in his life, and he was left in the care of his uncle and his grandmother. Verbal and physical abuse from his drunken uncle was enough to make him leave. For good.

Time to go back to sleep Yoonbum, after all, he's not here. And he'll never get here.

.............

Out on the street, Yoonbum had his head down and hands in his green jacket pockets. He was a shy person, never wanted to have conversations with people or be an out-and-about person. Yoonbum would sometimes stutter when he spoke to people, often getting bullied about it. But there was one thing he could do well.....

Be in love. It was easy for him, which sometimes would make things hard. Being a shy boy, Yoonbum would never tell a person that he was in love with them. He would look at them, and stare. Especially at Sangwoo. Oh Sangwoo was a former college classmate of Yoonbum, and Yoonbum loved him. To Yoonbum, Sangwoo was his savior. While in the military, Yoonbum almost got abused by one of his superiors. Yoonbum got saved by Sangwoo, and now....

He's forever thankful.