"I guess we do, yeah," I said before filling my mouth with my latte, not wanting to be the first person to address the situation.

"I'm sorry I was so rude and blunt towards you the past couple of days, I just, god I don't even know how to put into words what I'm feeling," Harry said with a shaky laugh and I swallowed my coffee, a sad smile attaching itself to my lips.

"Just be honest Harry, you are one of my best friends, I would never invalidate your feelings," I said truthfully and he let out what appeared to be a frustrated sigh before running his fingers through his curls, something that always made my heart flutter.

"That's the thing Anna, I don't want to be just friends with you, god this literally makes me sound like we are in fucking high school or something," he laughed and I felt my cheeks redden at his confession but he continued to talk so I could not even get a word in. "Seeing you with Jasper the other night... I felt like I was going to be violently ill, I have never felt that jealous before and then I was angry at myself because I have tried to suppress my feelings for you for so long because you and I both know I don't do well with feelings, so yeah."

I was absolutely taken aback by the fact, that Harry, international superstar but also one of my closest friends, had just confessed his feelings for me at brunch in Washington. The only word I could use to describe it was surreal. Absolutely surreal.

"Fuck I'm so nervous," I laughed, Harry raising an eyebrow at me, clearly wanting me to elaborate. "Sorry, it's just that I never thought this day would come, like ever, I'm just a little bit stunned that's all."

"Oh, so you have some sort of feelings for for me too?" Harry asked, a bright grin on his face, his dimples showing and the corners of his eyes were scrunched, which only happens when he is truly happy.

"Mm I guess so," I said awkwardly, unsure where to go from here because I cannot just start dating Harry Styles, life does not work like that.

"You guess so hey?" he laughed and I nodded letting out a giggle as we just sat there smiling at each other, neither of us sure where to go next.

"Think I've had some sort of crush on you since the moment I met you," I said honestly and his cheeks blushed red, which made me feel better because I knew my whole face was the colour of a tomato.

"Mhm me too," he said agreeing with me and I began to feel even more nervous, because this all seemed too easy. Harry Styles admitting his feelings for you on a Sunday afternoon just doesn't happen this easily.

I just shook my head, mainly to myself as we both decided we needed to eat, after the short but slightly emotional conversation we just had. I was happy that our feelings were finally out in the open but I was nervous and slightly scared to move forward with them and I knew Harry would be the same, as he likes to keep his emotions under wraps and I knew that him telling me that a. He was jealous of Jasper and me and b. He has feelings for me, was a massive step for him.

As for myself, change has always been a scary thing for me, especially within relationships. After my Dad passed away, we had to move schools and houses, as my mum could not afford to support two girls at a private school in a family home without another income in the household, which was hard for my older sister Lauren and me. I like to know whats happening in advance and I do not like spontaneous things, which is why potentially being with someone like Harry is so nerve wracking for me.

Neither of us spoke about our feelings after we had confessed them for each other, but the air around us was different, more light and we were both extremely giddy, like two teenagers when they first fall in love.

Harry decided against getting an Uber back to the hotel, so we walked together while keeping our distance but both of us were still giggling and Harry, slightly flirting with me, something I decided to ignore for the time being but I knew the feeling that it gave me in my stomach was not leaving anytime soon.