Chapter 9

(TRIGGER WARNING UP AHEAD!!!!)

He's gone.....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The entire room was deathly silent, they were shocked and devastated. Gill their friend has been infected and they couldn't do anything to ease his pain. Because according to their research the infected are almost like puppets being controlled by strings. And it hurt knowing that their friend, along with hundreds and thousands of others; is well aware of their surroundings but has no control over their bodies. And the other disturbing thing was that Gill didn't even reach the 7 days quarantine. Meaning that the virus must have evolved into something more powerful. "I-I can't do this!" Lukas stuttered. "WHAT?!" Petra and Magnus screamed at the same time. "I'M SORRY EVERYONE, I JUST CAN'T!!!!" Lukas screamed running to his room; before anyone could stop him. "LUKAS WAIT!!!" Jesse pleaded running after him.

.

.

.

.

.

Jesse and Petra stood by Lukas' room. He had locked them out and had refused to open the door. The others are waiting for them outside, since too many people might stress Lukas out more, and the fact that Jesse and Petra are the closest to him.

"Lukas...please open the door...." Jesse whispered through Lukas' door.

"Lukes please!?" Petra pleaded, knocking on the door softly.

"I can't...." Lukas answered.

"Lukas...." Petra whispered gently.

"I CAN'T DO THIS GUYS!! WHAT IF WE FAIL?!?!?!" Lukas screamed.

"Lukas-" Jesse said, trying to comfort Lukas in some way.

"WHAT IF WE SCREWED UP THE MISSION?!?!" Lukas continued.

"WHAT IF THE OTHERS ARE ALREADY DEAD!?!?!" He sobbed out.

"Lukas!!" Petra shouted. Silencing both Jesse and Lukas.

"You can't just give up on our friends! They are all counting on you! We will find a way to help Gill! But for now we need the rest of the crew!" Petra said with sheer determination.

"...."

"Meet us outside in ten minutes, if you're coming with." Petra stated.

The orders are all waiting outside the temple for Lukas. Olivia nervously played with her fingers, "Umm guys, are you sure that he's coming with?" She stuttered. "YES!" Petra said staring at the entrance of the temple. "We've been friends since childhood. He is coming." Petra stated. "How are you so sure?" Ivor asked. "I don't," Petra answered.

"She's right, we shouldn't lose faith in him!" Olivia defended.

"Well, what made you think that I lost faith in him." Ellegaard asked.

"She didn't say that!" Gabriel defended.

"Yeah!" Axel shouted.

"I'm just saying!!!" Ellegaard shouted back.

"Did you really....." Axel muttered.

"Hey! Leave Ellie alone!!!!" Magnus shouted getting in front of Ellegaard.

"Ivor say something about this!" Gabriel pleaded.

"Well she did gesture the idea..." Ivor mumbled.

"Not helping here Ivor!" Petra argued.

"What am I supposed to say?!" Ivor argued back.

"I don't know, you're our new leader Ivor, what do you need to do?!?" Magnus huffed.

"Well if you weren't yelling at me all the time!" Ivor shouted angrily.

"What are you gonna do about it?!?!" Magnus said advancing forward.

"Friends, friends please stop fighting!!" Gabriel pleaded as he and Jesse tried to pull everyone apart. But with no avail, Ellegaard, Olivia, Axel, Magnus and Ivor continued to fight. Unknown to them all, a certain blonde architect was watching them at a distance.

"OK THAT IS ENOUGH!!!!!!" Lukas shouted silencing everyone.

"WE SHOULDN'T BE FIGHTING RIGHT NOW!!! WE HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILIES TO SAVE!!! AND EVERYONE IN THIS TOWN IS COUNTING ON ALL OF US TO PROTECT THEM!!! SO ARE WE JUST GOING TO STAND HERE AND FIGHT AMONGST ALLIES OR WE FIND THE WAY ALONGSIDE THEM?!?!?!?!" Lukas shouted.

"....."

Jesse was speechless, this was the first time Lukas spoke up like that. He wasn't so surprised that he did, after all Lukas was a leader once. But this was the first time he reached out like that ever since that day. "He's right! What are we doing to each other?!" Olivia agreed. "Y-yeah I'm sorry about that..." Ellegaard mumbled, scratching her head. "Sorry Ivor, I didn't mean the things I said....." Magnus said. "Don't worry it's cool now!" Ivor stated shaking Magnus' hand. "Sorry, I'm not really good at this kinds of things!" Ivor said shaking his head. 'Soren, you'd better be ok! You are the only one good at this kind of situation. Plus you promised me you'll be fine!' Ivor mentally screamed.

"Lukas thanks so much!!!" Petra said patting his back.

"Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you, for not giving up on me!" Lukas smiled.

The team smiled, they are back together again. It's about time they do something about the virus. "Well, here we are...." Gabriel mumbled. They are now all facing the doors to the outside world; where the danger never stop and where they'll part for a while. "Listen here, Jesse, Petra, Lukas and Ivor. If you don't come back in 2 weeks, we are coming after you!" Magnus warned. "Thanks!" Ivor answered. As the doors opened and a new and dangerous adventure awaits our heroes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Author's note: Hope everyone is enjoying the story! I didn't think it'll get many reads and reviews! So thanks! I should mention I now have a YouTube channel, Oragongirl studios. So feel free check it out if you have the time! That's all for now, bye!!)