I'll Be Back

Harry's POV

I put on the most grunge clothes I had, which were slightly ripped skinny jeans and my Ramones shirt. Going to preform live without the boys was weird, but I don't think Alex would like it if I took them with me.

I ruffled my hair and slipped on my white high top converse. I looked fine for this kind of occasion. A wave of fright raced over me. My stomach had butterflies in it. Its different playing in front of a crowd that doesn't know who the hell you are. Of course the Directioners wouldn't care if I messed up, but I wasn't to sure about this crowd.

"Mom, I'm leaving for a while!" I yelled.

"Where are you going Harry?" She stepped out from the kitchen.

"I'm going to sing with my... friend." She nodded and let me go.

I peeked outside to make sure no paparazzi was out stalking me. Then quickly hopped into my car and drove to the Jammer. Kharma let me through and again I had to search for Alex.

I felt like I fit in more since I was wearing more suitable clothes. Finally I saw Alex sitting at the bar talking to the bartender.

"Hey." I sat next to her on a stool.

"Hey Styles, glad you made it." She smiled warmly at me. "Here have a drink, its on me." She slid over a mug of beer.

"Thanks, but aren't I the one who is supposed to buy you the drink?" I laughed and took a swig of the beer.

"Yes, but I was just being nice." Alex had nicer clothes on tonight. She had a black button up shirt tucked into some light blue faded jeans. She still had on those Vans with the signatures on them.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are those signatures from?" I pointed to her shoes.

"Oh Umm there from my old school mates back in America."

"Were in America?"

"Southern California." She sounded pretty confident. I've been to San Diego and all those places and it is something to brag about.

"Come on Styles, we have to go pick a song to sing." I almost forgot! We haven't even chosen our song.

Alex's POV

I took Harry backstage. He looked good tonight, last time he looked like he just attended a Grammy award or something. I knelt down and grabbed my guitar, I brought my electric tonight, since I already played an acoustic set last time.

"What song do you wanna do?" I asked Harry.

"Umm, I don't know. I feel that you and I have a very different taste in music." I laughed and shook my head.

"Honey, I don't listen to heavy metal. I listen to what I like." He still wouldn't share any suggestions. "How about The Reason by Hoobastank?" Harry smiled at my suggestion.

"Yeah I know that song." I sighed in relief. It was about 30 minutes until we were on so I had time to tune my guitar and practice with Harry and the band. I've gotta say that boy is good. He has that little rasp to his voice that makes the song sound even better. I warmed up my vocal chords and drank a whole bottle of water. These nights were the only nights I could live my dream just for a moment.

Oh how awesome would it be if I we're singing in front of thousands of people like Avril Lavigne does almost every night on her tour. It ain't the money and it sure as hell ain't just for the fame. I want to make an impact on the society. Since this society sucks.

"Give em hell kid." I said to Harry before we went on stage. I adjusted the microphone stand so it was at my small height.

"Ladies and Gents, this fine fellow here is-"

"Harry Styles!!" One girl raced up on stage. What the hell was she doing. She hugged Harry. This girl acted like she just saw Justin Bieber. The security drug her off stage. I looked at Harry in confusion. He shrugged like he didn't know anything either. I let it slide and finished what I was going to say.

"This is Harry, he will be singing with me tonight. Be nice guys." I mentioned for the pianist to start playing. Then the drums kicked in. Harry took the first verse.

I'm not a perfect person 

There's many things I wish I didn't do 

But I continue learning 

I never meant to do those things to you 

And so I have to say before I go 

That I just want you to know

I joined in on the chorus. My eyes were on the crowd while my hands were roaming the frets on my guitar.

And the reason is you...

The crowd gave us a standing applaud. I walked over to Harry, pulled him to the end of the stage, he waved to the crowd as they cheered. I set my guitar down and nusged Harry into the sea of people.. They carried him to the back of the room. I laughed and ran off the stage following where Harry was being taken.. I found Harry giggling on the floor.

"Get up, they'll think you're weird." I reached out to pull Harry up. He jumped up. "But then again, we already are."

Harry's POV

Alex and I had a couple of drinks, but not too much that we would get tipsy. It was Friday night, meaning that I had to go. Being home for a week just isn't enough. I took a deep breath.

"I'm leaving England, but eventually I'll be back." Alex looked up at me and frowned.

"I guess the good thing is that you'll be back."

It's never easy saying goodbye. Especially to someone you just met who made you feel happy. I looked in Alex's eyes. The black rims around her eyes made the green stand out.

"Keep your eyes open, you might see me anywhere." I got up from my stool at the bar. "Goodbye for now." Alex gave me a little smile before I exited the Jammer.

I walked home in silence humming a tune to a new song from One Direction. My favorite indeed.

LOL.  Okay So i wrote this like weeks ago.  

Dont hurt me if I get anything wrong about Harry or the band.  I'm not a huuuggee fan.  

COMMENT/VOTE

xo Alex