Brie felt her cheeks warm, pulse jumping. Her reaction made the Sheriff chuckle. Oh my god! This was awful.

"Your secret's safe with me, sweetie," she promised with a sly wink. Brie swore she could have died of embarrassment right then and there.

Later that day, Brie sat beside Kiara on the side of the boat. She had eventually gotten Kiara to tell her what had happened between John B. She wasnt that surprised that John B had tried to kiss her, but was a little more shocked to find that Kie had rejected him. Her and JJ were sure that they liked each other.

"So you turned him down?" Brie whispered, making sure that the others couldn't hear.

"Yes!" Kiara hissed, "Quit asking me already."

"And it's not awkward?" She continued.

"Look," Kiara said, "We talked it over, and it's fine. We're friends. It's all good."

Brie nodded and raised her eyebrows, finally giving up with all of the questions. She was just glad that it hadn't affected their friendship. The last thing she needed right now was for them to fall apart.

The sun was scorching today, and so the Pogues all lounged in only their swimwear, which was always a distraction for Brie when JJ was around.

She tried to draw her eyes away from him, but it was proving difficult. His skin was perfect and tan against the bright sunlight, showing off his tight abs and chest. His shoulders and arms seemed even broader, making her stomach fill with butterflies.

"Perv," Kiara nudged her, shaking her out of her daze.

"Shut up," Brie snapped, feeling the blush creep over her face, "I'm not even looking at him!"

"Sure you're not," Kiara smirked. Brie huffed. Close call.

JJ suddenly whistled, catching her attention. Brie looked over at him and he gestured with his chin to the approaching boat.

"You guys see that?" He asked, "That's a Malibu 24MXG. Two-hundred K easy."

"We picked the wrong parents," Pope muttered.

"I've got the gun," Brie shrugged, "I'm up to hijack a boat."

John B, Pope and Kiara glared at her in warning, but JJ just smirked. Okay, like she was actually going to hijack a boat. They had so little faith in her morals.

"Kidding," She quickly covered it up.

"Maybe you've not got such a bad idea," Kiara mused, "Hate to break it to you, but that's Topper and his girlfriend."

Brie's heart sunk, but then the dread was quickly replaced with anger. That bastard almost killed her and was now flaunting a boat worth two-hundred grand? That wasn't fair, but then again, nothing in her life ever seemed to be.

JJ stood up, making Brie jump to her feet in fear that he would do something stupid. She wrapped a hand around his arm, holding him in place. JJ didn't move, glaring the boat down as it passed them.

Topper stood with his arm around Sarah's waist, keeping his eyes focused straight ahead. Sarah looked over and raised her sunglasses, but then turned away as they continued on as if she hadn't even noticed them.

"Dont act like you dont see us, bitch," Kiara scoffed. "I cant belive that psycho is still walking around after what he did to Brie. He should be locked up."

Brie dropped her hands to her sides, eyes focused on Topper as he stood aboard his expensive boat without a care in the world, as if he hadn't almost murdered someone.