Chapter 2

I arrive at school, went straight to my dorm and packed away certain books. It was so hard to get here causing me to turn a different route. I walked back out and made my way into the hall with all sorts of students from different years, crowded around something that probably took place by the dining hall.

Is a teacher getting married? I thought to myself.
No, it can't be. A fight? Vandalism? Most likely.

So many questions went through my mind about what this could be but I dare not to interfere or be involved. I don't want any more drama in my life, don't have time for it.

I decided to do the best possible thing which was, to avoid it. Nothing can harm you in any way if you do.
As I started to walk in the other direction to be early for attendance.

"Lo!!"
I turned and saw Hope running trying to keep up. Her small little legs did their best to push. "Wait up!"

I stood and watched her make her way to me breathlessly without saying a word and watched her collapse as she reached.

"You don't even weigh that much..." I said quietly. Hope is a small girl but she still has shape and some size for her age. "Everything okay?" I asked concerned when she started coughing.

"Running... was not built... for me...."

"I can see that. It was like watching you trying to make it in for the Olympics."

"Why, thank you... I've been- Hey!!!!!"

"Anyway, what's up?" I held my snicker.

"Girl, you have to come and see."

"Why do I have to go to see when you can just tell me-"
Before I can even finish my sentence properly, I was being dragged all the way through the crowd back into the hallway, through some twists and turns until we were finally on top of the dining hall which was just as crowded.

"Look!"
I searched but I couldn't really see anything.

"Where am I looking?"
Hope grabbed ahold of my face directing me to a table full of Junior and Senior year frat boys with two or three Sophomores sitting around some other boy like he is a prince.
"I don't get it. It's just typical school where girls fawn over a hot guy that is either smart, extremely handsome, or a sporty type and the dudes just ask questions and be best buds or whatever. I don't see the big deal."

Hope huffed as she proceeded to drag me further down into the dining hall. It was packed especially with all these fan girls but we managed to get a spot.

"Look!!" She pointed towards the guy and we could now see a clear view of him. "Have you ever seen someone like him in these walls during your time moping around here?"

He was really handsome.
His light brown hair flipped to the side and whenever he smiles the dimple on the left side of his face, brings out his true definition. Never in my life have I found any guy at this school good-looking.

Lucky him.

"I've never seen him at school before..."

"Exactly!! So he's definitely a new kid... and a good-looking one at that. I mean have you seen him..."
I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she can be sometimes.

At that time he turned in our direction and our eyes met. They were the most icy blue eyes I had ever seen before. I stood there with my arms folded and my bag hanging on one shoulder as Hope spoke to me. His eyes keep darting back and forth between me and the other boys.

I guess he didn't want to lose all the attention he was receiving just to look at a loser like me.

Whenever he looked at me it was always a serious, dangerous vibe I got from him for each look. After having one good look at me he turned away and never looked back.

"Okay." I said, "I've seen enough."

"What... had your fill of potential boyfriend material?"
I rolled my eyes and proceeded to walk away with Hope tailing behind me.

The day went by in a breeze and everyone was fussing over the new kid, especially the teachers. It made me sick to the stomach, I just couldn't stand it.
I made my way home and stripped, hopping in a nice bath hoping all of this will soon pass and everything would be back to normal.

Homework- check
Bath- check
Revision- check
TV- ongoing
Annoying classmates- check
A stupid hot, sexy new kid that happens to be a boy- hell of a check...

I paused for a minute and analyzed what just went through my mind and decided a good evening nap would be the best option for my soul right now from all the stress and even more stress to come.

I climb into bed and started to doze off but what kept playing over in my mind was Hope carrying me down into the dining hall where he sat as we stood far away, hidden in the crowd. He was looking at me over and over again until he finally stopped, which startled me that I woke up straight the next morning.

....?

Since it was after three, I decided it would be best to go for a quick jog to clear my mind since a simple nap was no good.

Nap- double-check.