Chapter 24

Kinnow Island, Navel Island and Seven Grapefruit Islands

Ash and the gang were having a relaxing break on a beach of Kinnow Island. It had been quite the two weeks for them. First they had visited an island named Pinkan Island. It was called that because there were these fruit trees that bore special pink berries that would turn a pokemon pink, if it ate it. Pikachu tried a pink berry and it made his tail turn pink. Next they visited a stage boat. Instead of people acting on stage shows, it was pokemon doing all the acting. The clever thing was that the pokemon did all the talking and dancing. Of course the pokemon couldn't really talk; it was human actors acting out their voices from back stage, while the pokemon just mimed the voices. Ash and the gang found that out after they saw a performance and promised to keep it all a secret.

Ash and Tomo were playing with Pikachu and Growlithe in the sand and Tracey was sketching in his paper pad. Meanwhile Misty was training her pokemon. Right now she was training her Psyduck and Goldeen. Psyduck was practising its water gun attack. "Your Psyduck is doing well Misty" said Ash. "You're right Ash," said Misty, with a smile, "thank you for helping me help Psyduck learn calm mind". She remembered that Ash's Psyduck turned out to be a real fighter, before it evolved into Golduck, because the move calm mind helped Psyduck become a great fighter. So Misty decided to have her Psyduck learn calm mind to help it become a great fighter. "Ash told me that both he and you have got a Golduck" said Tracey. "That's correct" said Misty "my Golduck is back at the Cerulean Gym". "I'd like to visit your gym sometime Misty" said Tracey.

Just then another Psyduck popped out of the ocean. "Where did that come from?" asked Misty. "Sorry that Psyduck is mine" said a voice. The voice belonged to a girl, with blue hair. "My name is Marina," she said "and I'm a water pokemon trainer". "What a coincidence," said Misty "I'm Misty and I'm a water pokemon trainer too". "Really?" said Marina "do you love water pokemon?" "Yes I do" answered Misty. Misty and Marina began chatting away about their admiration of water pokemon. "Those two sure love water pokemon very much" said Tracey. "I feel bored listening to this" said Tomo. Just then Marina suggested that they had a water pokemon battle. Misty liked the idea and agreed.

Marina and Misty stood on two big stones as platforms, while the battlefield was the ocean. Marina sent out her Tentacruel, while Misty sent out her Goldeen. "Wow Misty your Goldeen is gorgeous" said Marina. "And your Tentacruel is charming Marina" said Misty. "Oh boy," said Ash "this is going to take all day". Marina ordered her Tentacruel to use wrap on Goldeen. "Quick Goldeen use agility" said Misty. Thanks to the speed of agility, Golden managed to dodge Tentacruel's tentacles. "Now use supersonic" Misty said to Goldeen. Goldeen's horn glowed a light blue and released some blue circles from it straight to Tentacruel; which made it confused. "Now use horn attack". Goldeen hit Tentacruel with its sharp horn, causing it pain. Marina was getting worried. "Tentacruel use poison sting". Tentacruel fired some purple spikes from its mouth and purple spikes hit Goldeen causing it to faint. "Goldeen return" said Misty, returning it to its pokeball. Misty sent out Staryu. Marina ordered her Tentacruel to use poison sting again. "Staryu use swift" said Misty. Staryu fired stars from its jewel and the star broke the poison spikes and struck Tentacruel, causing it to faint. Marina sent out her Psyduck. Misty ordered her Staryu to use water gun. "Use confusion" said Marina. Psyduck's eyes glowed blue and its power made the water gun hit Staryu instead, causing it to faint. Misty called out her Psyduck to battle Marina's Psyduck.

Suddenly a blue duck popped out of the ocean. "Hey it's a Golduck" said Misty. Marina squealed. "Golduck's my favourite water pokemon. I'm going to catch it". She asked her Psyduck to use scratch on the Golduck. Golduck winced a bit. "Now use confusion". Psyduck's eyes glowed blue and held Golduck into the air. Marina tossed an empty pokeball and caught the Golduck. Marina squealed in delight, happy to have captured it. "Congratulations Marina," said Misty. "Shall we continue the battle?" "Yes let's" said Marina.