11

jisung awoke an hour or so later, stretching and humming with his eyes still closed. changbin sat up and watched him. jisung blinked slowly, yawning and wincing as his eyes adjusted to the brightness flowing in from the window.

"oh- you're up?" jisung rubbed his eyes. and holy hell changbin loved his morning voice so much.

"i never went to sleep," changbin said truthfully, he couldn't lie to jisung.

"oh," jisung giggled, changbin feeling butterflies in his ghost stomach.

jisung's own stomach gurgled and the said boy's eyes widened at the sound before he let out a small exhale that seemed to have been the start of a laugh that wasn't finished. he rubbed the back of his neck, a little embarrassed because changbin had witnessed it.

but when jisung looked up, changbin was smiling at him softly. jisung swallowed and looked back down at his lap, his cheeks a light pink color. changbin leaned in and poked jisung's slightly puffed out cheek, jisung's eyes widening again slightly as he avoided looking at changbin. the latter smiled as the blush that dusted jisung's cheeks deepened a few shades.

"cutie," changbin laughed, climbing off of the bed and leaving the room.

jisung sat on the bed for a moment, letting the situation resonate with him. changbin has just called him cute. again.

jisung shook his head. it didn't mean anything, right? well but...also changbin was technically looking for love right? what if changbin was trying to find it in him? no...he's just overthinking it. right? changbin probably doesn't actually think jisung is cute. right? but changbin literally hasn't talked to anyone else...has he? unless he's sneaking off at night or something...but would he lie to jisung? he wouldn't see a reason why changbin would lie to him. but perhaps he was just being too naive in the first place??  what if he IS imagining changbin? what if he's actually going insane?

jisung groaned, holding his head in his hands. no, changbin was real. he was sure of it. there's no way he's just been talking to himself this whole time.

right?

jisung shook his head. what was he thinking? of course changbin was real. even though it's not realistic at all because no one else can see him...and why would jisung of all people be able to see a ghost? he's not special or anything, just a normal young adult trying to figure out his life. but...

"jisung!! are you coming or not?" changbin's voice called from downstairs, "i'm not getting any younger down here!"

"neither am i, stupid! deal with it," jisung yelled back, hearing changbin laughing.

he huffed as he finally got out of bed to get ready for another day in his new home with his new...friend.